Hot Job of the Day!
The Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation is hiring a Vice President of Investor Relations & Development!
Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation
Department: Investor Relations
Position: Vice President of Investor Relations & Development
Reports to: President and CEO
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
The Vice President of Investor Relations & Development is responsible for leading the fundraising efforts
for the organization, serves as the primary contact for current investors, and is responsible for
maximizing investor engagement and minimizing investor attrition. The VP will work to identify a variety
of organizational initiatives designed to increase the level of funding. This position will be responsible for
the delivery of programs and procedures that will serve to maximize the efficiency and productivity of
the investor relations effort. The VP collaborates with the CEO and other managers to develop the work
plan of the Investor Relations Committee and the Investor Relations Department.
The VP will have one direct report, Investor Relations Manager.
• Set, monitor and achieve both new investment and sponsorship revenue goals including
upselling and retention goals through and with the aid of Board of Directors and executive
• Work with existing staff and project managers to identify grant and sponsorship
opportunities, and other revenue sources to help achieve fundraising goals
• Maintain schedule of contacts with corporate representatives, prepare and edit proposals
and investor solicitations. Monitor proposal deadlines and maintain detailed records of
• Identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit large philanthropic and corporate sponsorships to
support the goals of the THEDC
• Research public and private grant sources and write grant proposals and reports to potential
corporate, foundation and government funders
• Work with existing staff to help identify other sponsorship opportunities, grants or revenue
• Coordinates all fundraising efforts, initiatives and strategies
• Develops relationships with new investor prospects
• Manages current investor relationships to ensure retention, identify upgrade potential, and
in-kind opportunities by developing, communicating, and tracking a formal, written
individualized plan for each investor
• Primary point of contact for information about current investors and utilize that knowledge
to identify opportunities for investors to be engaged in EDC business development, investor
development, and other organizational efforts.
• Strengthen professional relationships with key contacts in local, public and private entities,
including community, government and political leaders
• Develop, implement, manage, and track, through the use of Salesforce, the organizationwide
investor relationship management program, including identifying the appropriate staff
member to be assigned to the investor, working with staff members to determine
appropriate level and methodology and participating in an on-going communication with
staff members to identify areas of opportunity and/or risk.
• Maintain the investor database in Salesforce, to include ensuring that all investors are
accurately listed, that the investor representatives’ contact information is accurate and that
information for desired reports is listed and accurate.
• Create and maintain accurate up-to-date files using a combination of Salesforce, digital
records, and hard copy for all Investors to include copies of investor agreements, invoices,
important e-mails, data on the investor and contact information, etc.
• Review public information provided on the EDC website and communications regarding
Investors to ensure accuracy.
• Drive marketing opportunities for showcasing investors through collaboration with the
marketing department on items such as collateral, social media, newsletters, and other
• Track and ensure that the marketing department is provided with Investor recognition
information and that this information is included in the appropriate communication.
• Ensure that meetings and events are properly communicated to all investors and make
personal invitations where appropriate
• Lead the agenda development for Executive Committee and other important standing
meetings and participate in the general planning and execution of each meeting.
• In conjunction with the Investor Relations Manager, this position will
o develop and manage internal on-boarding process for new EDC investors complete
with an onboarding checklist
o prepare for review and disseminate communications as part of the Investor onboarding
process, including welcome letters, investor announcements, etc.
o facilitate and ensure timely completion of communication to staff, investors and
partners of the new member and pertinent information about company and the
o facilitate introductory meetings for new investors with appropriate EDC staff
depending on the new investors desire to contribute and desired ROI
o ensure effective communication with all new investors regarding opportunities for
them to be involved, including task forces, standing committees, ad-hoc
• Represent the EDC at key community functions and events
Finance & Administration
• Monitor/report fundraising goals and benchmarks
• Maintain conflict of interest and confidentiality documentation for all investors.
• Send and record all investor invoices and ensure that thank you letters are sent following
receipt of payments.
• Oversee billing and collections for Investor commitments and other revenue as appropriate
• Ensure that communications to investors with outstanding balances occurs according to the
collection policy and that those communications have been recorded in Salesforce
• Provide accurate and timely information regarding investors, including financial and other,
for inclusion in the EDC’s meetings and presentations
• With the assistance of the Controller, maintain detailed A/R report complete with a record
of collections contacts and future billings
• Prepare other reports as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
• Four-year college degree required, master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of progressive experience in economic or community development, sales,
marketing, or fundraising with a combination of public, non-profit and private sector
• Experience in managing and coordinating the work of staff and staff teams is preferred.
• Proven ability to engage confidently with high level corporate, political and community
• Proven ability to handle a high-paced work environment, to prioritize a heavy workload, to
manage multiple assignments and to meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to work with other managers and team members.
• Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a teamdriven
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and technically savvy.
• Considerable knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite as well as Salesforce.
• Must be able to travel frequently throughout the Hillsborough County region and
periodically outside the region
• Occasional travel for meetings, community/industry events and/or to attend seminars.
• Some evening and weekend work may be required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers
to perform other activities and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of
the tasks listed in this job description.
Please send resumes and inquiries to: THouston@TampaEDC.com
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JO