Hot Job of the Day!
The Tampa Bay Business Journal is looking for a Digital Producer.
The Digital Producer owns and manages TBBJ’s digital content across all platforms, including web, email and social media. The ideal candidate will thrive in newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else, and knows its audience and market exceptionally well. The primary goal of the Digital Producer is to craft timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Business Journal brand. In addition to working with staff-generated content, the Digital Producer is expected to curate, report and write posts of his or her own daily, as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video to compliment the Business Journal’s strong digital coverage. The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journal audience.
• Manage day-to-day digital operation of business journal newsroom
• Curate and update breaking news content
• Report and write original content
• Generate and execute digital content ideas and regular features
• Work with reporters and editors to ensure excellent digital beat coverage
• Produce interactive features, galleries and video
• Manage newsroom social media feeds
• Support reporters’ and editors’ social media efforts
• Solid news judgment
• Good reporting and writing skills
• Leadership acumen and a desire to work collaboratively
• Familiarity with SEO and site/traffic/engagement metrics
• A keen interest in what’s new and what’s next
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Able to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
• Able to develop relationships and connect with sources
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
• Able to understand and interpret site metrics
• Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially — is critical. The ability to create simple infographics a plus
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
• Digital reporting experience
• Robust social media user
• Business reporting a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• To apply, send a resume, snappy cover letter and three of your best clips to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals
Tampa Bay Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.