Hot Job of the Day!
TECO Services, Inc. is hiring a Buyer Analyst!
Buyer Analyst III
Date: Mar 14, 2018
Location: Tampa, Florida, US, 33602
Title: Buyer Analyst III
Company: TECO Services, Inc.
State and City: Florida – Tampa
Shift: 8 Hr. X 5 Days
This position pays between $61,836.00 to $82,448.00 and is based on skills, experience and education of the successful candidate.
This position is responsible for the procurement of a wide range of materials, equipment and services for all companies. Responsible for sourcing suppliers, quoting, analyzing, negotiating, awarding, and effectively managing multiple year contracts as well as functions related to inventory management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements inventory control strategies maximizing inventory turn-over and material availability through improved supply chain efficiencies. Forecasts long range inventory requirements for critical, high dollar or job driven materials. Works with suppliers to develop inventory control strategies, removing uncertainty and compressing lead-times.
- Lead/participates in cross-functional teams to identify and recommend improvement solutions to issues relative to supply chain.
- Seeks continuous improvement in productivity and reduction in procurement costs through advanced procurement methods, programs, processes and continued education.
- Initiates, negotiates, awards and effectively managing high-dollar, multiple year blanket purchase orders, term blankets and Strategic Alliances emphasizing continuous improvement and total cost savings.
- Maintain a constant awareness of market conditions, material indices and new trends and information of assigned commodities.
- Provides training to purchasing team members as needed.
Required: Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field from an accredited college in accordance of TECO Energy education policy is required.
Preferred: CPM or CPSM certification by the Institute of Supply Management
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Six (6) years related work experience must be related to a materials discipline; procurement, inventory management, operations or engineering.
Must have experience in leading cross functional teams.
Working knowledge in an ERP environment.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in all of the primary duties listed in the Level II –Buyer Analyst II position.
- Must have advanced competency in MS suite i.e. Excel formulas and the ERP System (SAP). Advanced competency in inventory management methods and, demonstrated good understanding of inventory and purchasing practices and policies.
- Ability to respond to change in a productive manner and effectively execute other tasks assigned.
Building Organizational Relationships
Business and Job Knowledge
TECO offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS….Please make sure to read below!!! Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment.
TECO Energy and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our TECO Energy customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company’s rules and procedures.
TECO Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, ERP, Supply, SAP, Operations, Engineering, Technology