Hot Job of the Day!
The Bank of Tampa is hiring a Director of Business Operations!
Director of Business Operations
Since first opening in 1984, The Bank of Tampa has focused on serving Tampa Bay professionals and owner-managed businesses, which has given us an insight into our community that other banks simply cannot match. Our bankers and their teammates use their deep understanding of the area to help our clients establish professional, cultural and social ties that benefit their businesses, their families, and themselves. We are committed to providing the highest level of banking services while nurturing a strong and lasting professional relationship that contributes to our client’s success. Personalized service to our clients and our community is what we are all about.
The Bank of Tampa is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Responsible for coordinating the technology and operational activities (“operations”) of the Bank, including methods, policies and procedures in all areas of operations and provides strategic vision, guidance and direction to operational officers who implement departmental objectives and programs in accordance with each department’s annual business plan.
Works with executive management and other offices to develop operational plans and implement operational policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve in a support role to the Chief Operating Officer providing vision and tactical support for all operational support functions.
- Oversees and participates in the development, maintenance and improvement of the policies, procedures, methods and guidelines of the Operations division, with an emphasis on productivity, efficiency, superior client service and teamwork.
- Oversees and coordinates the effective operation of Bank equipment and guides the development of new services provided by the Operations division.
- Oversees and coordinates the various department heads related to operations to ensure that policies, methods and procedures are being properly followed.
- Oversees and participates in resolving unusual or major operational problems and assists commercial banking and banking office personnel with difficult client situations as needed.
- Oversees and participates in the evaluation and analysis of, and approves, the purchase of the Bank’s large, critical or substantial machinery and equipment (in accordance with established budget and approval authorities.)
- Directs, motivates and supervises the first line managers of the E-Banking, Deposit Operations, Credit Support Services (to include Loan Operations and Loan Documentation), Client Service Center, Treasury Support Services and Remittance Processing functions.
- Chairs the Project Oversight Committee and will be a key member of the TS & GC (Technology Steering and Governance Committee) and the Management Risk committee.
- Participates in the setting of prices and fees for the operational services of the Bank.
- Works hand in hand with colleagues and the HR team to drive employee engagement, recruiting, efficiency and training etc.
- Evaluates our competitive position in the market and partner with Product and Sales to develop a strategy to address our risks and opportunities.
- Drives increased visibility for our leadership team into business performance and opportunities for growth, via scalable analytics, reports and dashboards.
- Participates in the short and long range planning processes for the Bank. Oversees and directs the short and long range planning for the departments under direct supervision. Assists other departments in their planning as they relate to the operational areas.
- Monitors and coordinates the education and training of Bank personnel in adhering to the Bank’s operational policies and procedures.
- Works with supervisory examiners (FDIC, Florida Office of Financial Regulation, Federal Reserve, etc.) with respect to the operational areas of the Bank while they perform their examinations.
- Cooperates with the Enterprise Risk Management Director to ensure that each operational area of the Bank achieves and maintains an adequate level of compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, in order to protect the interests of the Bank and prevent fines, penalties or other regulatory sanctions, as well as reduce exposure to risk and potential litigation.
“This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.”
- 4- Year Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BS or BA) preferably with a business or finance focus or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of banking experience, including consumer and commercial credit experience preferred. Minimum of 15 years’ experience if no Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role within a bank leading back office operations to include Electronic Banking, Deposit Operations, Loan Operations, Loan Documentation, Remittance processing and Banking offices.
- Lean Six Sigma certification or Agile certification
- Experience with Fiserv core banking software
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma concepts
Attributes for Success
- Is self-motivated with action and results delivery orientation; demonstrated initiative and accountability by willingness to assume additional duties other than assigned
- Effectively develops and supports change and innovation
- Consults, facilitates and builds relationships in order to foster partnership, collaboration & teamwork across all levels of the organization
- Works independently and with others to identify issues and develop solutions
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written/ verbal communication (listening, confidence, professionalism, persuasion) with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Is resourceful and flexible with regard to shifting priorities, new demands and challenges
- Inspires others
Preserve and enhance our culture in which the values of honesty, integrity, confidentiality, trust and respect are the underlying principles by which we work
Make a meaningful difference in our community through our service and financial support
Maintain a safe and sound institution that operates in conformity with the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to maintain open and forthright communication with our regulators
You will have the opportunity to participate, subject to the terms and conditions of the respective plans, in a comprehensive package of benefit plans – from medical, life, disability, and other insurance programs to savings and retirement plans and an array of work/life effectiveness policies and programs. As a highlight:
- Eligibility for health, dental, life and disability insurance coverages begin on date of hire.
- Retirement Plan – 401k with matching
- ESOP- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Time away from work – vacation time, sick time and holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
THE BANK OF TAMPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS