Hot Job of the Day!
The Tampa Hillsborough EDC is hiring a Business Development Manager!
Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation Job Description
Department: Business Development
Position: Business Development Manager (TT & PC)
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Vice President, Business Development the Business Development Manager [BDM] will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with local economic base companies in specific target industries with a special focus on the jurisdiction of Plant City. The BDM will support their unique needs with various services and state/local programs. This will be accomplished through business retention visits, industry specific trade organization meetings, community meetings, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings. The BDM will also manage select Business Recruitment Projects including those that are considering Plant City. This role will manage projects and relationships in all of Hillsborough County, but will be the main liaison between the Tampa Hillsborough EDC, the City of Plant City and the Plant City EDC.
- Assist in marketing programs and services to local, target industry business contacts to generate new expansion projects
- Build and maintain a target list of companies within specific industries and geographic area
- Plan and conduct business visits within Plant City and other areas of Hillsborough County to generate job creating projects, opportunities for and to support the needs of local business
- Working closely with our public partners, manage the financial incentives process for eligible projects
- Manage expansion projects from inception to completion
- Serve as the EDC’s knowledge expert in specific jurisdictions including local available real estate and incentives.
- Maintain accurate contact database and project status via Salesforce to allow for effective project management and measurement of organizational metrics
- Serve as the lead staff person for relationships with Plant City officials.
- Collaborate with other EDC departments to attain the organization’s performance metrics
- Market Career Source Tampa Bay’s programs and services to local businesses
Plant City Related Functions
- Operate 1-2 days per week out of the Plant City EDC office
- Complete at least 2 Plant City Business Visits per month
- Join PCEDC President at bi-annual commission meeting updates
- Attend monthly PCEDC investor meetings
- Maintain major sites and buildings in PCEDC GIS Database
- Participate in at least 1 BD event per year with THEDC recruitment team
- Position may evolve to include similar activities in Temple Terrace
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economic Development, Public Administration or a related field
- Minimum of two years business development experience or experience within a specific targeted industry
- Economic development experience preferred
- Analytical, self-starter, team player
- Customer service oriented
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Make decisions based on logical analysis and sound judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking opportunities
- Ability to research, organize, analyze, verify and present information
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The successful applicant will have experience developing and making sales presentations, providing prospect client services, and simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Occasional travel for meetings, trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Work under and maintain confidentiality
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other activities and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS