Hot Job of the Day!
Tampa Hillsborough EDC is hiring a Business Development Director!
Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation
Job DescriptionDepartment: Business Development
Position: Director, Business Development
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Business Development
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Senior Vice President of Business Development [SVP], the Director of Business Development will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the business development strategy and achievement of goals. The Director will play an essential role in planning business development activities, reporting on departmental performance, and directing activities of the department. The Director will have some project and customer relationship management responsibilities and will act in a player/coach role.
• Analyze current and past departmental performance data, such as announced completed projects reports, Business and Retention Program (BRE) metrics, and project/sales pipeline and propose strategies to improve performance and create efficiencies.
• Partner with research department to identify new opportunities and engage with SVP to establish strategies for pursuing those opportunities.
• Create and Improve proposal template and process for expansion and recruitment projects.
• Provide coaching to members of the business development (BD) team.
• Develop and deliver value propositions for recruitment and retention/expansion prospects.
• Monitor and manage the prospect site visit process.
• Manage a portfolio of key projects and existing businesses.
• Plan outbound and inbound sales missions, familiarization tours, and convention / trade show activities.
• Monitor departmental goal achievement and suggest opportunities to improve performance.
• Interface with marketing, research, and business development staff to ensure all departments are working optimally together towards the mission and objectives of the organization.
• Represent the organization at speaking engagements, events and meetings, in the absence of the SVP.
• Manage the BRE program and direct BD team on company outreach.
• Oversee target list of companies within specific industries and geographic area.
• Working closely with our public partners, manage the financial incentives process for eligible projects.
• Ensure accuracy of contact database and project status, via Salesforce, to allow for effective project management and measurement of organizational metrics
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economic Development, Public Administration or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Pursuit and or attainment of Certified Economic Developer designation.
• A minimum of five years’ prior economic development experience is required, preferably in Florida.
• Experience of successfully managing a team towards successful achievement of goals. • Strong analytical skills with ability to be a self-starter and team leader.
• Must be able to work well in a rapidly changing environment and within tight deadlines.
• Must possess the ability to make data-driven decisions. • Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively. • Experience in public speaking is required. Ability to research, organize, analyze, verify and present information. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience developing and making sales presentations, providing prospect client services, and simultaneously managing multiple projects.
• Occasional travel for meetings, trade shows, seminars, etc.
• Some evenings and weekends may be required
• Work under and maintain confidentiality
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other activities and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. All applicants are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS