The VP of Sales/Business Development is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing execution of a sales/marketing strategy in accordance with organizational objectives. He/she will assist in the cultivation of multi-family decision maker relationships and closing of national contracts while building and leading a national sales team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pull from industry knowledge, B2B sales experience and overall business acumen to develop, implement and oversee execution of a strategic plan for the sales/marketing function
- Develop performance objectives and territory/account assignments for sales team
- Drive performance and accountability of sales team; provide ongoing coaching
- Identify revenue gaps by comparing existing business with opportunities for additional business
- Monitor competitor activities and stay abreast of market and industry trends and shift strategy accordingly
- Collaborate with Operations and Finance leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment of sales strategy with all functional areas
- Identify and cultivate relationships with national multi-family portfolio decision makers
- Assist sales team with identifying, cultivating and closing national portfolio accounts
- Assist with recruiting A players for the sales team
- Attend industry events, affiliate with associations and participate in other networking opportunities
- Ensure effective use of technology within the sales process
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5yrs. years achieving sales and profitability goals as a vendor to the multifamily industry
- 3 years of consultative sales experience, targeting senior leadership at national level
- Multi-family portfolio decisionmaker relationships highly desired
BUSINESS AND PEOPLE LEADERSHIP
- 5-7 yrs. experience building, leading and driving performance of a national decentralized sales team
- Experience coaching and developing sales teams
- Prior experience and success in developing and implementing sales/marketing strategies in similar organizational environments
- Business/financial acumen consistent with level of responsibility (ability to recognize market and financial trends/patterns and utilize findings to support business plan development, forecasting and budget activities).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred