Hot Job of the Day!
Ultimate Medical Academy is seeking a Senior Engineer!
Senior Network Engineer
- Job Location: Tampa, FL
- Job ID: 2018-1889
- Category: Information Technology
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for performing, planning, and designing the network, system, and enterprise solutions; troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems and providing support. Analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models. Ensures planned testing activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements network and infrastructure systems and hardware.
- Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Plans and monitors the installation of network and infrastructure systems.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network and system issues. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Develops capacity planning models to analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies.
- Ensures, disaster recovery activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Conducts short and long-term planning to meet network and system requirements.
- Conducts Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Quickly accesses and appropriately escalates technical concerns
- Provides technical leadership, hands-on implementation skills, and extensive troubleshooting skills for complex infrastructure and day to day IT operations support of operating system and application issues.
- Proactively troubleshoots and implements solutions to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Participates in IT Security assessments, risk analysis and reporting.
- Resolves system issues.
- Monitors existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversees the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Writes custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Ensures the safety of Information Systems Assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Weighs business needs against other concerns and articulates issues to management.
- Develops and documents standard configurations, build and support processes and FAQs.
- Serves as a liaison or technical resource for others in IT or to partners within other business units.
- Participates in a rotational 24/7 on call responsibility
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate. Quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Cisco CCNP Certification – Required
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) – Required
- Cisco CCIE Certification – Preferred
- CISSP Certification – Preferred
- CompTIA Security+ Certification- Preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification- Preferred
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of networking, firewall technologies and WAN communications including TCP/IP (routing and sub-netting), VLAN’s, IPSEC, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, PPTP, WAN, MPLS, SIP, Netflow, etc.
- 5+ years experience Cisco Catalyst ethernet and fiber optic campus backbone switches – required
- 3+ years experience Cisco Nexus datacenter switches – Required
- 5+ years experience Cisco ASA firewall – Required
- 3+ years experience Cisco Ironport -Preferred
- 3+ years experience Cisco AnyConnect -Required
- 5+ years experience Cisco Wireless LAN controllers and access points – Required
- 5+ years experience Cisco ASR Edge Routers – Required
- 5+ years experience F5 BigIP Load Balancers – Preferred
- 5 + years experience DMZ Configurations – Required
- 3+ years experience in supporting day to day IT Operations – Required
- 2+ years experience implementing and migrating enterprise – wide systems – Preferred
- 3+ years experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS – Required
- 2+ years experience supporting and managing VMWare (preferred) Windows Server 2012R2+, Monitoring Solutions – Required
- 2+ years creating scripts for automating process improvements – Preferred
- 3+ years experience in designing/documenting (visio)/deploying/testing business continuity plans for a large enterprise – highly Preferred
- 2+ years experience maintaining systems deployed in private and hybrid cloud configurations –Preferred
- Strong understanding of enterprise systems, application integration and the ability to quickly learn new software solutions – required
- Experience with MS Terminal Services implementation/administration – preferred
- Experience with Security Patching administration via MS SCCM 2012 – required
- Knowledge of ITIL framework, Strict Change Management, and Quality Assurance – preferred
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge or past skills adhering to federal and / or governmental compliance requirements and regulations
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff as appropriate
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills systemically, documentation of issues and working problems proactively out of the environment.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS