Hot Job of the Day!
USAA is hiring a Director of Workforce Management and Strategy (WFM&S)!
Director, Workload Management & Strategy
Date Posted: 2018-06-27
Full Job Title: Director, Workload Management & Strategy
Job Family: Customer Service & Sales
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Director, Workforce Management & Strategy for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL or Remote facility.
The Director of Workforce Management and Strategy (WFM&S) will be responsible for supporting strategic and tactical direction for overall WFM&S delivery including building, managing, and executing workforce management strategy, processes, and optimized member service levels while ensuring efficient utilization of resources. Ongoing responsibilities will also focus on long-term operations, capacity planning, and continuous improvement around processes and tools.
Partners with IT, Risk Business Managers, Product Management, Model Risk Management, Information Governance, Auditors and Regulators. Report regularly to senior management on the state of MDS operational effectiveness.
Responsible for providing thoughtful leadership and people leadership to the team(s) supporting contact center workload planning and forecasting. This position will establish effective relationships with internal and external partners to ensure processes, procedures and systems provide accurate and reliable capacity planning for USAA contact center environments.
- Directs the planning and implementation of integrated resource planning processes for a specified company or staff agency.
- Ensures forecasts and schedules are timely, accurate, and consider channel inputs and business injects.
- May serve as an owner of a business process and/or program.
- Acts in consultative and advisory capacity to executive management on strategic and tactical workload and resource planning design and implementation.
- Oversees analysis to validate effectiveness and efficiency of plans, strategies and decisions.
- Manages statistical analysis in support of integrated workload modeling.
- Approves data collection guidelines and methodologies.
- Oversees gathering of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Maintains an understanding of company business operations and goals and provides information on how workload strategies impact performance goals.
- Drives standardization in and oversees the building of analytical tools that are scalable and flexible.
- Identifies, provides oversight and performs forecasting analysis/data mining on special business topics (Marketing ROI and optimization, fulfillment process/productivity improvements, demand forecasting, customer segmentation, etc) and partners with internal and external areas ( Finance, CoSAs, HR etc).
- Reviews and assesses department, business, and strategic supplier processes and procedures ensuring efficient workload management to support enterprise objectives.
- Performs people management functions including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and pay management decisions.
- Provides motivation, coaching and feedback that lead to sound business results.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the workload planning and forecasting activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years of progressive workforce management and strategy experience required.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years of Banking and/or Financial Services experience.
- 5+ years of Recoveries and Collections experience.
- Proven experience in leading workforce management teams in a multi-site contact center structure
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, or other quantitative analysis degree
- Strong expertise in capacity modelling, forecasting, and operational planning methodologies.
- Possess expert analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and uses data/analytics to get to root cause/improvement opportunities.
- Understanding of interdependency between the staffing, processes, and systems and how they link to high service and lowest total cost.
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behaviors, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside the organization and leverage influential leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS