Dept Number/Name: 0-3510-000 / Information Technology
College Division: Info Tech-Information Tech
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9339 / Sr. Data Management Analyst
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000
Position Number: 00016136
USF Information Technology (USF IT) provides technology services and support for the USF System including the USF institutions in Tampa (including USF Health), St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee. The IT team, led by the System Vice President and CIO, provides the following services: Administrative Services, Client Support, Communication Services, Teaching and Learning, Analytics and Reporting, Mobile and Web Services, Consulting Services, Cybersecurity Service and Research Technologies.
The Senior Data Management Analyst provides project management, business analysis, and functional expertise in the design, development, operation, and/or modification of databases and applications systems which support informed decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, policy development, institutional self-assessment, and institutional data reporting. This is a senior-level professional position requiring the ability to complete complex data management, development and programming tasks independently.
- Explore, investigate and identify data relationships and mechanisms to merge various data elements across unrelated and unstructured data to create a coherent data model used for analysis and providing actionable information. Work with functional areas and other SME’s to develop understanding of operational needs and provide technical solutions to match their needs.
- Design and develop Extract Transact Load (ETL) jobs to migrate, scrub and transfer data from different source systems to create operational data stores. Involved with identifying scheduling and automation options around the same processes as well in accordance with latest industry standards.
- Research best practices and design database systems including table structures, stored procedures and functions, indexes, triggers and other associated mechanisms including security architecture and schemas to house enterprise wide data reporting systems.
- Design and implement business work flow processes around change management and access control to various systems housed by the Analytics team.
- Create and maintain documentation explaining the system architecture around the data migration and storage processes. Train junior staff to build up competency and skill sets across the Analytics team.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field, with six years of experience in related positions; or a Master’s degree in directly related fields with three years of experience.