Information Technology and Security at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Project Manager. Under the direct oversight of the Director of Enterprise Solutions, the Project Manager has responsibility for managing assigned projects. This includes planning, organizing and directing the operational, financial and personnel activities related to the assigned projects and project management infrastructure/processes, to provide proper oversight to ensure high levels of performance, security, and consistency throughout each project’s lifecycle. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring that customer facing services are delivered to fully optimize the customer experience at UT and to enable campus departments to meet their business goals and objectives that involve the use of ITS provided technology and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides recurring status reports to the ITS Leadership Team detailing progress on current projects and initiatives
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with company management and client management and users
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Collaborate with Information Security to ensure that the practices for the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard are followed, documented and kept up to date.
• Participate in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery activities as assigned
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
• Where required, negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the institution
• Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and any outside contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
• Certification in Project Management -Project Management Professional (PMP)®
• 7-10 years of IT services experience
• Working knowledge of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard is a plus.
• Proven experience working in higher education preferred
• On-call and occasional weekend work required
• Flexible personality to work with varying types and quantity of projects (e.g. infrastructure vs. cloud implementation vs. on premises implementation)
• Strong familiarity with project management software
• Ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office
• Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices
Please be sure to attached required documents listed below in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the process. Though the attachment box is labeled as “CV/Resume”, more than one attachment may be uploaded.
• Cover Letter
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.