The Marketing department of IRONMAN is tasked with generating and converting demand for IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of endurance events, affiliated brands, and products, creating value for customers, and driving profitable growth strategies for the business. The IRONMAN Group is seeking a hands-on, results driven, innovative and creative Global Director of Social Media.
With a portfolio encompassing multiple brands, the Global Director of Social Media is responsible for developing and executing the athlete engagement strategy across social media platforms and channels through innovative content marketing and exceptional storytelling. The Director will collaborate well across disciplines and departments; be data-driven and adept in performance measurement.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement clear, measured social media and content marketing strategies that directly impacts The IRONMAN Group’s commercial efforts while driving growth and engagement across social audiences.
· Translate the overall brands’ identities, messaging and business priorities into social media execution.
· Leverage social media strategy to enhance brands’ images and reputations.
· Leverage consumer research, profiles, journey maps, and data insights to develop and optimize an athlete-first approach to content and engagement campaigns.
· Work with partnership marketing team to executed curated, branded content.
· Develop deep understanding of the entire digital marketing ecosystem landscape to best deliver social media at the right times throughout the athletes’ journey and compliment/amplify other marketing strategies.
· Establish and track KPIs to understand what is performing, what is not and provide recommendations for adapting strategy.
· Utilize available data and analytics to make or adjust programming and content decisions.
· Connect and demonstrate how social media contributes to the company’s objectives.
· Effectively lead global and regional social media teams and drive efficiencies across the organization.
· Define and manage weekly, monthly, and annual content calendars with flexible approach to be able to adapt to new initiatives and fast changing storylines and/or platforms algorithms.
· Oversee influencer marketing strategy.
· Establish network of content creators to amplify social media engagement strategies.
· Produce performance recaps of social platforms content viewership and provide recommendations for improvement.
· Monitor and understand key social media trends to ensure the company is positioned as a leader in the space.
· Source content capture opportunities working with key stakeholders such as Event Marketing, Athlete Development, Connected Fitness, Coaching & Training, Global Partnerships, Digital and PR.
· Provide recommendations on how to improve efficiencies with production and support the broader business objectives.
· Travel to races and out-of-competition shoots to capture content and produce live social.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Able to translate complex information into compelling stories across a wide variety of athlete profiles.
· Capable of articulating an integrated social media and content strategy and how they impact the business across various functions and levels within the company.
· Advanced knowledge of social media tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Social Bakers, BuzzSomo, etc.
· Possess digital design and video editing capabilities.
· Able to effectively manage a team and collaborate with a broad cross-functional team of leaders with challenging schedules.
· Strong project and time management skills ensuring projects are followed through to completion.
· Must have superb attention to detail and ability to think outside the box to create solutions for a wide array of challenges.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with a sharp eye for copywriting.
· Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous projects.
· Must be willing to commit to long hours at times in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
· 7+ years social and digital media; sports and entertainment or related field preferred
· Experience managing a team and annual budgets.
· If education can be substituted for specialized experience, please provide evidence of managing and optimizing successful campaigns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.