The supervisor will lead the delivery, execution, and assessment of recruitment initiatives that enable the acquisition of top talent required to meet strategic objectives in their assigned business/geography that will provide J&J with a competitive recruiting advantage. You will influence outcomes and communicate closely with hiring managers by sharing best practices and using an employee and customer-focused approach to understand their needs and ensure the effective attraction, attraction, selection, and development of a high performing, diverse, and sustainable talent pipeline to drive business results in alignment with organizational and functional HR strategies.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Lead and motivate a high performing team of experienced Recruiters in the ongoing processes of acquiring top talent in alignment with strategic objectives and organizational needs to increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience, increasing quality of hire, decreasing time to fill and fostering a talent advisor mindset with customers and teams through process excellence.
- Own the whole end-to-end recruiting process by embracing new technologies to ensure that the sourcing, recruiting, assessment, offer, onboarding and communication processes run smoothly contributing to a positive candidate experience and employer equity.
- Influence, communicate, and lead outcomes with hiring managers by driving effective recruiting strategies, setting expectations and helping identify the skills or characteristics that lead to success in a role.
- Demonstrate an agile mindset by embracing new technologies in the end-to-end recruiting process to develop and execute sourcing strategies, build sustainable candidate pipelines, accurately assess candidates, increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience, driving increased quality of hire, decreasing time to fill, enabling process excellence in recruiting and fostering a talent advisor mindset with customers and teams.
- Understand and execute business priorities, workforce planning outcomes, regional current and future capability requirements as well as any specific talent challenge to be addressed by translating a business strategy.
- Execute Regional Diversity strategies in partnership with key stakeholders (Business/Talent Acquisition leaders, recruiters, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, etc.)
- Motivate team members to achieve and exceed service standards by identifying staff performance gaps, allocating time to listen, and providing constructive feedback for performance improvement. Assess team members’ workload and performance, ensure proper assignment of cases and workload to deliver targeted Assessment and Selection Service Levels.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of HR/Recruiting experience, including at least 3 years in a high-volume recruiting or talent sourcing capability is required.
- Experience in shaping solutions, with strong communication and collaborative partnership skills with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective execution of HR solutions across the enterprise is required.
- Strong business acumen across multiple functions is required.
- Strong capability in assessing, hiring, developing and coaching talent and developing a high performing, diverse and sustainable talent pipeline is required.
- Must have the ability to provide clear direction quickly and on-demand to work effectively in an agile environment, handle multiple projects and daily ad-hoc operational activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities as well as formal presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Experience conducting and Training others in behavioral interviewing assessments and AIRS and/or other relevant certifications is preferred.
- Experience as a people manager or mentor is strongly preferred.
- Up to approximately 10% domestic travel