Hot Job of the Day
Staff Relations Manager
Amgen is hiring a Staff Relations Manager
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will partner closely with managers, Compliance, Employment Law, and partners in HR to protect Amgen values. Staff Relations is responsible for investigating suspected violations of HR policy, and for providing practical advice and guidance on misconduct, counseling, terminations, disability accommodations, and performance management.
The principal objectives of the position include:
- Advise managers on staff relations issues in Global Commercial Operations Call Center.
- Serve as a partner to business leaders and HR partners in Global Commercial Operations.
- Partner closely with Staff Relations Investigations and Compliance Investigations, participate as a member of the investigations team, and advise on corrective action.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for Amgen values and resource for compliance with Amgen policy.
- Influence business leaders and negotiate for resolution, proposing unique and innovative solutions without compromising on compliance and company-related values.
- Develop and recommend solutions to staff relations issues, including performance, misconduct, conflict, and workplace accommodations; assess risk and raise issues when necessary. Determine appropriate level of corrective action, coaching managers, and advising on and reviewing correction action documentation to mitigate risk and minimize legal action.
- Advise and partner with management on disciplinary actions; advise on appropriate documentation and communications with staff.
- Develop and recommend solutions to a variety of staff relations issues including managing poor performance, managing conflict, and assessing risk (escalating issues to the appropriate level when necessary).
- Develop effective tools and resources to assist managers with employee relations matters; ensure information is current and accurate and recommend changes and/or improvements.
- Participate in corrective counseling and termination conversations with staff and managers when requested.
- Maintain positive work environment by responding to staff members’ concerns, proactively addressing issues and advising management team regarding best practices.
- Investigate employee issues and complaints and implement solutions to ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken while maintaining all required documentation.
- Partner with the Occupational Heath, staff and managers to analyze and respond to leave of absence, return-to-work, and accommodation requests
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines to ensure effective and consistent approach to cases.
- Document and track cases in a centralized database in a timely manner; periodically report out on case status and potential trends to partners.
- Exercise autonomy, independent judgment and decision making; provide sound reasoning for recommendations and balance information to resolve issues.
- Manage conflicting priorities and organize time, while recommending process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues, report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Be on site 2-3 days a week
Master’s degree and 2 years of HR Business Partner/Generalist and/or Staff/Employee Relations experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of HR Business Partner/Generalist and/or Staff/Employee Relations experience
Associate’s degree at 10 years of HR Business Partner/Generalist and/or Staff/Employee Relations experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of HR Business Partner/Generalist and/or Staff/Employee Relations experience
- Previous experience in HR or Staff Relations, preferably in a call center environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and fairly apply company policy, internal HR procedures, investigation procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state laws governing employment and labor (Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, National Labor Relations, etc.)
- Awareness of emerging HR compliance issues, internally and externally, and the implications to the company
- Ability to conduct analyses and present findings in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and establish and maintain working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities and organize time
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and complete tasks in a timely manner, balancing high quality and efficiency
- Excellent communication skills: written/oral/listening
- Proven ability to manage difficult conversations and interactions
- Demonstrated customer service/client orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail (Outlook), Internet, HRIS (Workday) and case management tools (EthicsPoint)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $102,832 – $122,457.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
Previous Hot Jobs
Business Development Representative
ContinuumCloud is hiring a Business Development Representative Summary As a Business Development Representative at ContinuumCloud, you will work closely with all members of the Sales & Marketing team to increase brand awareness and adoption of our cloud-based Electronic Health Record platform through account-based efforts. You will maintain a hunter mentality...Apply Now
Data Solutions Specialist
Pfizer is hiring a Data Solutions Specialist Summary Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and...Apply Now
Clinical Systems Analyst
Moffitt Cancer Center is hiring a Clinical Systems Analyst Summary Clinical Systems Analyst II – Pharmacy Position Highlights: The Clinical Systems Analyst II provides support in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and ongoing utilization of clinical systems. This position analyzes, programs, tests, implements and maintains clinical information systems, as...Apply Now
See All Jobs