Hot Job of the Day
The Florida Aquarium is hiring a Graphic Designer
The Florida Aquarium is looking for a skilled graphic designer with a passion for design that engages, excites and educates guests in themed, immersive environments! Harness your love and abilities by joining our team of creatives that celebrates the natural world and its conservation every day. At The Florida Aquarium, you will use your talent and skills to further our mission to entertain, educate and inspire stewardship of the natural environment while creating innovative design for themed exhibitry, interpretive signage, events, programming, marketing and more! Ready to dive in? Then continue exploring our Graphic Designer position and we look forward to receiving your application!
While reporting to the Exhibit Design Manager and as part of the Creative Services team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the concepting, design, creation and implementation of graphics, layouts, assets and production files for all Aquarium graphics needs including promotions, displays, exhibit theming, interpretive signage, wayfinding signage, programming materials, presentations and more.
Essential Position Functions
- Attend meetings and brainstorming sessions to receive, contribute to and record vital information pertaining to each project.
- Produce projects while always valuing, maintaining and translating the guest’s perspective, customer service and the Aquarium’s mission, vision, values and integrity.
- Follow creative briefs, project requests and adhere to deadlines with an attention to detail that assures timely project completion and success.
- Use concept-rendering strategies to explore various design options for any project.
- Collaborate with others including the Exhibit Design Manager, stakeholders and third parties to develop concepts into final, approved products while providing updates for review and receiving constructive feedback.
- Maintain flexibility and utilize a variety of aesthetics, styles and methods to achieve final products and assist in keeping The Florida Aquarium on the cutting edge of visual innovation and world-class media.
- Using both digital and traditional methods, guarantee that all elements of final artwork are formatted and meet all creative, production and installation specifications so that they may easily and successfully be produced and implemented to a high degree of quality.
- Guarantee that all projects meet creative standards and maintain strict consistency with regards to The Florida Aquarium brand and pre-existing thematic direction.
- Guarantee that all materials accurately represent their subject matter.
- When creating new designs that are without precedent, maintain a high level of organization while creating and implementing new design standards and style guides.
- Maintain and develop a high level of organization of Creative Service’s file and asset management.
- Approach every project proactively, positively and with a solution-oriented mindset while managing production deadlines and Creative Services workflows.
- Supervise third party vendors during production and implementation of specific projects, including oversight of quality and accuracy of work while monitoring deadlines and production schedules.
- Other duties as assigned, including participation on interdisciplinary teams and initiatives.
Education Requirements and Technical Skills
- Associates or technical degree in design or related field OR at least 4 years of experience as a graphic designer practicing the principles and procedures of design, layout and print production.
- Strong technical and digital design ability with an in-depth knowledge of and high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in teams while providing and following design vision.
- Strong oral, written and visual communicator with the ability to convey ideas while providing guidance and knowledge about design.
- Traditional art skills, illustration, photography, etc. are a strong plus.
- Experience in the attractions, zoo, aquarium and museum industry with a passion for the natural world and immersive experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with multimedia and dimensional design and fabrication is a strong plus.
- Customer Service: Listens to and understands the customer (both internal and external) while anticipating and evaluating their needs. Makes the customer’s satisfaction a high priority in all areas of responsibility.
- Teamwork: Supports, facilitates, and participates in activities that promote team effectiveness. Demonstrates sensitivity to the feelings and needs of team members while supporting team goals.
- Concern for Detail: Cares about every aspect of a task and executes each to a high degree of quality.
- Communication: Effectively expresses ideas verbally, non-verbally and actively listens to individuals and groups. Prepares and focuses presentations to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in written form, through memoranda, letters, reports and other documents.
- Creativity: Proactively combines ideas, resources and skills in new and adaptive ways to better meet outcomes and objectives. Finds new ways of positioning the Aquarium worldwide as a model of creative excellence.
- Planning and Organization: Able to follow preset goals, timelines and organizational structure while also setting priorities among competing requirements and allocating resources in the most efficient and effective way when necessary. Creates contingency plans for and remains flexible in a changing work environment.
Typical Physical Requirements
- Sitting 4-6 hours per day
- Standing/Walking 1-2 hours per day
- Bending/Stooping — Occasionally
- Squatting/Crawling — Occasionally
- Climbing stairs — Occasionally
- Reaching above shoulders —Frequently
- Crouching/Kneeling/Balancing — Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling — Occasionally
- Carrying/Lifting up to 50 lbs. — Occasionally
- Potential exposure to dust, fumes and gases
- Typing on a computer keyboard
- Viewing a computer screen for extended periods
- Excellent vision for proofing and detail work
- Coping with demands/stresses that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
- Ability to travel (car/air) as needed — locally and/or nationally
- Flexibility in working weekends, evenings and/or holidays as needed
- Potential exposure to various plants and birds
Previous Hot Jobs
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Laboratory Analyst Summary This position performs environmental analysis and/or sampling as required by federal (EPA) and state environmental regulatory agencies (FDEP and DOH) for compliance with environmental permits and regulations and/or contract specifications in the case of coal or oil. Applies technical/professional knowledge to...Apply Now
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now