Hot Job of the Day
Economic Development Manager
The Tampa Bay EDC is hiring an Economic Development Manager
Under the leadership and direction of the SVP, Economic Development, the Economic Development Manager (EDM) will be responsible for pro-active outreach to Hillsborough County targeted industry businesses that have significant potential to create and retain economic based jobs in the County. The Economic Development Manager will build and maintain relationships with targeted industry companies and support their unique needs with various services and state/local programs. This will be accomplished through business visits, industry specific trade organization meetings, community meetings, phone calls and face-to- face meetings. In addition to managing a portfolio of existing businesses, the EDM will also be responsible for managing business recruitment projects and pro-active outreach to decision makers, influencers, and prospect companies.
- Provide a concierge level of service to clients and local businesses.
- Manage expansion and recruitment projects from inception to completion.
- Proactively assist in marketing programs and services to local, target industry business contacts to generate new expansion projects.
- Engage with EDC stakeholders to maintain up-to-date program details.
- Market Career Source Tampa Bay’s programs and services to local businesses and meet metrics set by the CSTB / TBEDC MOU.
- Build and maintain a target list of companies within specific industries.
- Plan and conduct business visits within target industries to generate job creating projects, opportunities for CSTB products and to support the needs of local business.
- Working closely with our public partners, manage the financial incentives process for eligible projects.
- Serve as the EDC’s knowledge expert on specific targeted industry sectors.
- Maintain accurate contact database and project status via Salesforce to allow for effective project management and measurement of organizational metrics.
- Serve on strategic task forces and ad hoc committees, as needed.
- Collaborate with other EDC departments to attain the organization’s performance metrics.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economic Development, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years business development experience or experience within a specific targeted industry.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Comfortable with public speaking opportunities
- Economic development experience preferred.
- Analytical, self-starter, team player.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Make decisions based on logical analysis and sound judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Ability to research, organize, analyze, verify, and present information.
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful applicant will have experience developing and making sales presentations, providing prospect client services, and simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Occasional travel for meetings.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Work under and maintain confidentiality.
- Eligible for remote work per TBEDC Employee Handbook policies.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason. All applicants for this position are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now