Hot Job of the Day
Director of Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry
Tampa Bay EDC is hiring a Director of Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry
The Director of Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry will implement a strategy focused on the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Tampa General Hospital (TGH) and the EDC which lays out a framework to develop and promote a Medical & Research District in the City of Tampa, Florida. The goal of the MOU is to stimulate new partnerships, and create prosperity through new jobs, thriving industries, and a healthier population. The Director will use their knowledge of healthcare and life sciences industries and urban strategic planning to promote the district; assess potential development and redevelopment sites for medical, research, healthcare use, develop; and advise on industry trends, best practices, and strategic partnerships.
The Director is expected to achieve key goals in talent attraction, funding for research and life sciences, and other tasks that may result from strategic alliances. Goals will be achieved by attracting renowned clinicians and researchers and organizing collaboration of major companies in the district to create a hub for innovation, research, and biotechnology. This position will report to the Vice President, Community Development and be part of the team advancing successful achievement of the organization’s strategic placemaking goals and objectives.
• Manage strategic partnerships by convening a working group of healthcare, research, and significant industry representatives, led by TGH, to develop and advise on industry trends, best
practices, and area resource development requirements
• Provide project management and administrative services for the district’s Collaborating Partners, maintaining minutes and implementing action plans
• Work closely with EDC’s Business Development Team to connect with site selection consultants and companies in the Life Sciences and Healthcare industries. Help in the recruitment and retention of companies in the life sciences and healthcare industries
• Utilize staff expertise and outside contractors to assess potential development and redevelopment sites for medical, research, healthcare use
• Work closely with all EDC departments to support the district’s efforts with research, marketing, sales tools, and information
• Partner with colleges and universities to promote certificate programs in life sciences and healthcare and help to achieve EDC’s Talent Attraction goals within the district
• Provide a platform to secure grants for medical and research projects.
• Promote convenient and affordable housing for the district’s healthcare workers, working closely with EDC’s Community Development Department to make developers aware of opportunities
• Assist district collaborators with land banking strategies and keep EDC’s Business Development group aware of vacant space for business attraction.
• Collaborate with the EDC’s Marketing Team to incorporate goals of the district into the “Make It Tampa Bay” Talent Attraction Campaign.
• Market the district as a global health destination
• Serve as EDC’s main point of contact for district inquiries
• Stay apprised of national, state, regional, and local trends in life sciences and healthcare
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Economic Development, Public Administration, Planning, or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of five years’ prior economic development, community development, urban planning, and/or real estate development experience
• In-depth knowledge of medical, healthcare and research districts
• In-depth knowledge of public health policies, issues and programs, particularly programs beneficial to Medically Underserved Areas and low-income populations
• Strong analytical skills with ability to be a self-starter
• Must work well in a rapidly changing environment and within tight deadlines
• Must possess the ability to make data-driven decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively
• Public speaking experience
• Ability to research, organize, analyze, verify, and present information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Experience developing and making sales presentations, providing prospective client services, and simultaneously managing multiple projects
• Experience with developing and effectively managing budgets
• Occasional travel for meetings
• Some evenings and weekends may be required
• Work under and maintain confidentiality
• Eligible for remote work per TBEDC Employee Handbook policies
Previous Hot Jobs
Business Development Representative
ContinuumCloud is hiring a Business Development Representative Summary As a Business Development Representative at ContinuumCloud, you will work closely with all members of the Sales & Marketing team to increase brand awareness and adoption of our cloud-based Electronic Health Record platform through account-based efforts. You will maintain a hunter mentality...Apply Now
Data Solutions Specialist
Pfizer is hiring a Data Solutions Specialist Summary Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and...Apply Now
Clinical Systems Analyst
Moffitt Cancer Center is hiring a Clinical Systems Analyst Summary Clinical Systems Analyst II – Pharmacy Position Highlights: The Clinical Systems Analyst II provides support in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and ongoing utilization of clinical systems. This position analyzes, programs, tests, implements and maintains clinical information systems, as...Apply Now
See All Jobs