Hot Job of the Day
Sr. Director of Engineering
Fanatics is hiring a Sr. Director of Engineering
As a Senior Director of Engineering, expectations for this will be to direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Software Engineering department with a specialty in Retail PLM, PDM & Design Technologies focused on Apparel & Hardgoods Manufacturing, this is a high-profile role requiring partnership with key business & technology leaders across a verticalized segment of the Fanatics Commerce Organization; ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company. Experience leading large engineering teams with a deep understanding of the product domain (Product Life Cycle, Definition, Image Rendering & Asset Management) coupled with machine learning for automation at scale (multi-billion+ revenue) are a crucial requirement for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department – Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Product Management, and Business Stakeholders to implement technology solutions
- Identify Tech opportunities to scale business with operational excellence
- Drive SDLC (software development lifecycle) & Support systems that run Product Domain. Current systems include both proprietary software and COTS – Customized [Dassault, Flex, Centric, Bynder, CLO] – [*Experience with these systems is necessary]
- Manages team with agility and has leadership skills to lead through periods of ambiguity.
- Analytical thinking to arrive at conclusions after analyzing data and information.
- Strategic – Evaluate the overall state of the domain and understand where it can improve and what it is doing well – Develop OKR’s for the domain
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of technical solutions & project plans.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of the schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and economically.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements innovative technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities align with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organization’s industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors’ work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You’ll be great because you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of key Product Engine Systems highlighted above.
- Excellent understanding of emerging technologies
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong experience in Machine Learning & Automation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, MBA highly preferred.
- At least ten+ years of related experience are required.
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now