Hot Job of the Day
Hillsborough County is hiring a Business Analyst
Performs professional and advanced analytical work with or without the help of technology to understand, analyze and provide solutions with regard to the structure, policies, processes and operations of an organization, project or program, to achieve the desired goals.
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Performs highly complex, independent studies and analyses, and makes conclusive recommendations.
- Serves as coordinator in conducting major projects involving work measurement studies, management control, plans of service, methods analyses and other aspects of operational audits.
- Collaborates with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborates with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Studies and analyzes information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Studies existing computer-based business systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Performs duties concerned with the design and improvement of computer-based business systems.
- Works closely with senior managers to identify and solve a variety of computer-based business system problems.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Serves as the single point of contact for consultants, manufacturers, suppliers, etc., assisting in the development and installation of automated systems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and production methods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction required.
- Knowledge of English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of analysis and research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Skill in conducting independent studies and analyses of organizational activities, programs, procedures and operating systems.
- Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment in making conclusive recommendations based on business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to get along with a wide range of people, good judgment, time-management skills, and creativity.
- Ability to use a computer and related software
This job is performed in a professional office environment where employees routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Bachelor’s degree in business management/administration, Information Management System, Public Administration, Finance or related field; AND Five years of professional experience in the development, implementation, business process analysis and evaluation of business methods and procedures. OR An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Additional Job Requirements
A department, depending on the nature of its mission and operations, may require that employees in all or certain positions in this job classification:
- Maintain the ability to pass the background checks required for the position. These background checks may include but are not limited to:
- Criminal History Background Check using Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
- Level 1 and Level 2 Background screening (Ch. 435 Florida Statutes)
- Child Abuse, Abandonment and Neglect Record Check using the State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- Sex Offender and Sexual Predator record check using the list maintained by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
- Possess the necessary job-related license(s) or certification(s) that may include possession of a Florida Driver License (Class E).
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now