Hot Job of the Day
Capital Project Manager
Hillsborough County is hiring a Capital Project Manager
Manages projects and assigned staff of varying size, scope and impact from single business units up to multi-component projects with high value and organizational visibility within large divisions and departments.
Manages medium-sized projects or sub-projects of up to $10-million in value for architectural/facilities projects. Develops preliminary and detailed drawings for facilities projects. Manages facility capital and non-capital facilities construction projects. Graduation from an accredited four year degree-granting college or university with a degree in Architecture, Building Construction.
Salary: CAD-Classified Professional 6
Min: $61,339.20 yearly
Mid: $79, 747.20 yearly
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Performs project management work by managing, coordinating and implementing medium sized projects.
- Participates in the development of the scope of work.
- Establishes administrative procedures and guidelines to ensure effective project/program outcomes.
- Prepares contract drafts, requests for proposal and other related documents for review. Creates project schedules and controls resources to ensure timely completion of project.
- Prepares and/or monitors project budgets, monitors status of allocated funds and controls expenses.
- Coordinates with other sections and departments to ensure efficient flow of communications and services.
- Reviews and acts on project management, administrative, and operational problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of project management theory, techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of the processes, activities, requirements and objectives of the functional area to which assigned.
- Skill in developing tracking systems to monitor work progress.
- Ability to effectively coordinate resources and manage these resources to a successful project outcome.
- Ability to analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical conclusions.
This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; AND
- Four years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties;
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Additional Job Requirements
A department, depending on the nature of its mission and operations, may require that employees in all or certain positions in this job classification:
1. Maintain the ability to pass the background checks required for the position. These background checks may include but are not limited to:
- Criminal History Background Check using Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
- Level 1 and Level 2 Background screening (Ch. 435 Florida Statutes)
- Child Abuse, Abandonment and Neglect Record Check using the State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- Sex Offender and Sexual Predator record check using the list maintained by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
2. Possess the necessary job related license(s) or certification(s) that may include possession of a Florida Driver License (Class E) or an applicable Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now