Hot Job of the Day
Hillsborough County is hiring a Community Planner
Researches and analyzes information to write reports supporting the development, evaluation, monitoring and implementation of comprehensive studies, plans, programs, and land development regulations.
Ideal Candidate Profile: Community Planner, Community and Infrastructure Planning
- Desire to develop your urban/town planning in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary department with a focus on plan implementation.
- Ability to apply creative solutions to planning problems.
- Adaptability in the face of evolving organizational priorities.
- Expertise with GIS, Sketchup, and Adobe InDesign.
- Graduate with a masters degree in urban planning or a related field or a bachelors with two years of experience.
Salary CAD-Classified Professional 7
Min $66,809.60 annually
Mid $95,139.20 annually
Click HERE to view our Benefits at a glance
- Generous PTO & Holiday Plan
- Health Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Manages the collection, analysis, and presentation of facts and trends for use in evaluating land development proposals and community growth and development plans, studies, and reports for within respective team such as LUHO Hearings, Site Engineering, or Architectural Review.
- Manages the extraction of information to be used in studies and reports relating to land use, economic base, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, population, housing and neighborhood plans and programs.
- Manages the writing and interpretation of zoning, subdivision and other land development regulations.
- Manages the writing of future land use, transportation, community facility plans, and other comprehensive plans.Manages the analysis and presentation of data for use in the development of capital improvement plans and programs.
- Represents the organization at meetings with elected and appointed officials and interdepartmental and intergovernmental meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of comprehensive planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing comprehensive planning.
- Knowledge of data collection methods and statistical analysis techniques.
- Skill in making presentations to community groups, elected and appointed officials.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions, reports and presentations.
- Ability to use appropriate computer applications.
This position typically takes place in an office environment.
Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Master’s Degree with a major in Urban or Community Planning; AND
- Three years of experience as a community planner, two of which were as a community planning project leader;
- An equivalent combination of education (Not less than a 4-year degree in Urban/Community Planning) training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Employees in this classification that acquire the competencies and minimum qualifications for the next tier will be able to apply for promotional opportunities through a competitive selection process. Employees will not automatically be upgraded to the next tier. Reclassifying a position is based on business need and financial impact and is not based solely on the job competencies or qualifications of the incumbent.
Previous Hot Jobs
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Laboratory Analyst Summary This position performs environmental analysis and/or sampling as required by federal (EPA) and state environmental regulatory agencies (FDEP and DOH) for compliance with environmental permits and regulations and/or contract specifications in the case of coal or oil. Applies technical/professional knowledge to...Apply Now
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now