Hot Job of the Day
Hillsborough County is hiring a Graphic Designer
Performs the design and execution of projects consistent with marketing concepts and County brand standards for a variety of print and digital creative materials such as advertisements, fliers, brochures, direct mail, posters, signs, and social media graphics, while prioritizing and managing multiple projects and assigned deadlines.
The ideal candidate is energetic, self-motivated, a fast learner, and a team player with clean, simple and engaging visual aesthetics for print and digital graphics. The right candidate must also have the ability to work with members of the creative department, as well as the account and digital teams.
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Responsible for meeting provided specifications to produce established and new design solutions, resizing existing art, or pulling existing files and preparing for reproduction including fliers, brochures, booklets, signs, presentation graphics, infographics, stationery, forms, and more.
- Confers with department representatives to determine job requirements, budget, concept/design of job, and review of work performed.
- Photo retouching, resizing, editing, and preparing of digital images for print or web.
- Creates custom photography and is proficient with digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera for use in various forms of media creation.
- Maintains electronic archives of all graphic art files and fulfills file-naming and metadata initiatives to create accurate and complete digital asset protocols for all files.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the design, layout, typography, color theory and preparation of graphic artwork.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of layout, reproduction, assembly, binding, and distribution of reports, booklets, pamphlets, and other printed matter.
- Familiarity of pre-press, offset, and digital printing process and setting up files for print, including adding bleed and folds a plus.
- Proven knowledge of current design and advertising principles and ability to apply those principles to create visual communications in line with Hillsborough’s brand.
- Demonstrates advanced design skills demonstrated through current work or portfolio to prove ability to create impactful visual communications.
- Ability to plan, create, design, and produce attractive and effective art operations at a professional level of competence.
- Ability to create and present various infographics, technical information, and/or map data for general consumption in a compelling, visually stimulating, and compliant manner.
- Ability to transform verbal and printed information into artwork.
- Ability to work effectively with others. Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with public relations specialists, editors, writers, videographers, content developers, to build multi-platform communication solutions that continue to strengthen the County’s brand and programming. Confidently influence internal and external partners by sharing fresh perspectives that will enhance creativity and promote new ideas through various presentations and mockup development.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications.
- Knowledge of creating accessible Portable Document Format (PDF) documents that conform to 508 Standards.
- Ability to travel locally for potential photographic opportunities.
Key Job Requirements
- Critical Thinking: Ability to organize information into a logical presentation format.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally and in writing.
- Other: Stay informed of industry trends to continue to build and improve skill set.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- Operates in a professional office environment. Sometimes might be required to travel locally to attend photo shoots.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Associate degree in Art, Graphic Art, or Commercial Art; AND
- Two years of experience as a graphics or commercial artist; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now