Hot Job of the Day
Public Relations Strategist
Hillsborough County is hiring a Public Relations Strategist
Develops and strategizes public relations and marketing campaigns related to special events, programs, and County initiatives. Provides public relations management to departments, including counsel related to public relations strategies, communication plans, social media, and events. Develops strategic public relations and marketing plans with tactics such as collateral development, talking points, web content/brand journalism, and messaging to include media strategy. Prepares recommendations involving special community matters, public meetings, events and/or programs. Tracks, monitors, and evaluates activities, placements, and accomplishments. Oversees social media efforts related to cultural assets. Manages media and adverting buys related to County events and campaigns.
The ideal candidate
• Is detail-oriented, with a sound knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading.
• Has considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations strategy development.
• Is able to create quality content and/or public relations collateral including brand journalism.
• Has a thorough understanding of the local, regional, and national media market in regards to media buys.
• Has the ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
• Is able to handle extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
• Has comprehensive knowledge, understanding and experience with social media platforms and target audiences.
• Is able to manage content and program development end-to-end.
- Has experience with marketing campaign planning, development and execution using earned media, paid media, outreach, partnership development, and digital channels.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Bachelor’s degree; AND
Two years of experience planning, implementing or managing public relations, community relations, marketing, or integrated communications programs;
An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Robust Benefit Package – Click to view Benefits at a Glance
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now