Hot Job of the Day
Social Media Strategist
Hillsborough County is hiring a Social Media Strategist
Using a variety of social media and digital engagement platforms to plan the timely development, administration, and release of information regarding County programs and services to foster and improve community relations for Hillsborough County. Works independently to develop social media content and messaging and provide advice and consultation to departments and the County management on social media strategy, policy, and practices. At
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Plans the timely development, administration, and release of information regarding programs and services to foster and improve media and community relations for Hillsborough County via social media platforms.
- Researches and recommends platforms and best practices for use by the County.
- Provides professional consultation to Communications and County Administration regarding social media strategy, and contributes to the development of integrated communication plans.
- Attends meetings as needed and works with department representatives and directors concerning projects, programs, and special events.
- Exercises independent professional judgment on social media planning, content, and messaging.
- Calculates and reports appropriate engagement metrics for each social media platform used by the County.
- May oversee the work of teammates involved in maintaining social media platforms.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, their primary functions, and audience of each platform.
- Knowledge in deciphering analytics and using research for plan development with an emphasis on social media and new media.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices.
- Skill in graphics, photography/videography, design, editing and publishing.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills and inductive reasoning to devise new, non-standard approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to conduct long-range strategic planning for organizational effectiveness and to plan events that will occur throughout the year.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive ongoing external relationships with various groups.
- Ability to handle extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
- This position takes place in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Associate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration, Marketing, Information Architecture, or related field; AND
- One year of public relations or professional social media experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now