Hot Job of the Day
Hillsborough County is hiring a Solutions Engineer
This is a professional and strategic job responsible for partnering with business liaisons and technical teams to establish multi-platform hardware/software solutions for enterprise application systems. The Solutions Engineer performs capacity and performance planning. The Solutions Engineer manages complex global, enterprise technology projects involving technology systems analysis, development, coordination, implementation, and documentation according to established project management methodology. The incumbent in this job will provide advanced technical support for information systems. The Solutions Engineer works independently, with limited supervision. Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
Hillsborough County Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is seeking an experienced technology professional for the implementation and support of a land management and permitting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. The ideal candidate must have strong analytical skills with a detailed focus on process improvement, process mapping, business requirement documentation, and QA/QC, as well as knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and Visio. Working knowledge in Agile SDLC, Accela Civic Platform Administration, Accela Civic Platform Event Manager Scripting, SQL, DevOps, and GitHub is preferred.
Salary: CAD-Unclassified Professional 2
Min: $71,593.60 annually
Mid: $94,868.80 annually
Max: $118,123.20 annually
Benefits: Hillsborough County – Benefits
- Generous PTO & Holiday Plan
- Health Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements. Develops and engineers solutions consistent with information systems architecture, using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions, based on customer requirements.
- Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and quality assurance standards.
- Performs project management duties on complex, global enterprise technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Acts as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects. Communicates project updates to management. Provides project management mentoring for subordinate technical staff.
- Provides advanced technical debugging and troubleshooting for escalated complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise software systems and backup systems. Provides administrative and technical guidance, coaching and support for subordinate-level technical positions.
- Reviews and monitors performance and performs capacity planning of enterprise infrastructure systems and develops management recommendations for the implementation of enhancements to the enterprise architecture. Recommends innovative solutions to reduce operational costs, improve client productivity, and enhance the efficiency and reliability of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Creates standardized reporting tools and dashboards as required. Creates process flow charts, diagrams, and other related documentation. Works closely with customers to develop and maintain critical business reports.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects and infrastructure teams to integrate applications and hardware.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems and reporting tools. Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
- Performs as supervisor to subordinate technical personnel engaged in performance of installation, maintenance and support of software systems. Provides mentoring and training to peers and subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems. Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server-based applications.
- Advanced knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardware and system software components.
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Advanced ability to develop, edit, and present technical design concepts, project plans, and produce clear and detailed technical specifications and other technical reports. Advanced ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Oracle, and/or database best practices. Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify complex concepts. Proven track record for implementing large scale or enterprise-wide systems and applications.
- Ability to work effectively with other and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The work is performed in normal office environment, and involves mostly sitting at a desk, and occasionally standing during presentations or special events. May require travel, including overnight stays.
- Frequently sitting at a desk or table, standing and/or walking, as well as in-town travel to multiple locations. Occasionally requires light lifting or carrying 25 lbs. or less. Occasionally drives a vehicle.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Graduation from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field; AND
- Five to seven years of work experience analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing functional automation information systems and projects; AND
Two years hands-on experience with relational database languages; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Previous Hot Jobs
Business Development Representative
ContinuumCloud is hiring a Business Development Representative Summary As a Business Development Representative at ContinuumCloud, you will work closely with all members of the Sales & Marketing team to increase brand awareness and adoption of our cloud-based Electronic Health Record platform through account-based efforts. You will maintain a hunter mentality...Apply Now
Data Solutions Specialist
Pfizer is hiring a Data Solutions Specialist Summary Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and...Apply Now
Clinical Systems Analyst
Moffitt Cancer Center is hiring a Clinical Systems Analyst Summary Clinical Systems Analyst II – Pharmacy Position Highlights: The Clinical Systems Analyst II provides support in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and ongoing utilization of clinical systems. This position analyzes, programs, tests, implements and maintains clinical information systems, as...Apply Now
See All Jobs