Hot Job of the Day
Web Content Coordinator
Hillsborough County is hiring a Web Content Coordinator
Responsible for ensuring the quality of the digital content presented on the County’s website(s), intranet, and other digital platforms. Assists internal client departments and agencies achieve their goals and objectives through digital content development, maintenance, and training. In addition to writing and editing digital content, incumbents in this job will also work closely with developers and graphic designers to maintain quality and branding standards.
Performs creative and technical work involved in writing, editing, and maintaining digital platform standards for new content development. Works with web developers, graphic designers, and other creative personnel in developing and maintaining digital content across various digital platforms. Exercises coordination responsibility with internal staff and external clients and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Formulates comprehensive program plans and strategies pertaining to developing and improving digital content across Hillsborough County’s various digital platforms.
- Work closely with departments and agencies to educate and train digital content providers on proper content creation, platform maintenance, and best practices.
- Review online content on an ongoing basic and provide recommendations to department and agencies to improve their web presence.
- Represent the department/agency at meetings, functions, and events.
- Considerable knowledge of web content to include copyright, privacy, accessibility, and user experience.
- Experience with HTML and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
- Strong knowledge of digital content management solutions (CMS) and other digital content-related solutions including personalization, digital asset management, and Google Analytics.
- Excellent digital content writing and editing skills.
- Strong presentation skills for training and project presentations.
- Basic Adobe Creative Cloud skills with a strong the ability to learn and master new software platforms.
- Ability to write digital content for targeted audiences.
- Ability to self-direct work, understand instructions and deliver work that complies with established guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree of Arts in English, Mass Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, Information Architecture; AND
- 3 years of experience with high traffic websites and creating content and operating content management systems;
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Employees in this classification that acquire the competencies and minimum qualifications for the next tier will be able to apply for promotional opportunities through a competitive selection process. Employees will not automatically be upgraded to the next tier. Reclassifying a position is based on business need and financial impact and is not based solely on the job competencies or qualifications of the incumbent.
Click HERE to view our Benefits at a glance
- Generous PTO & Holiday Plan
- Health Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now