Hot Job of the Day
Software Development Manager
Tampa Bay Lightning are hiring a Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager will manage a team of developers to help us create the next generation of innovative solutions while also enhancing and optimizing our existing systems and applications – across both Hockey & Business Operations. Providing day-to-day management and development for the team, the Software Development manager will manage projects to ensure seamless delivery, implementation, support, and issue resolution. Using your knowledge and experience with the technology, the Software Development Manager will help guide our organization to implement solutions that will move us forward and keep us ahead of the competition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide direction and day-to-day management of development staff to ensure that any roadblocks are removed, and developers/teams are successfully moving forward
• Make sure that development projects are prioritized, scheduled, and completed according to business need
• Foster collaboration by leading regular meetings and communicating with process owners, product managers, agile teams, IT groups, and other stakeholders to negotiate priority and timelines while managing resources required to get the job done
• Hire new associates, conduct performance reviews, guide, and mentor their career development
• Ensure on-time and defect-free delivery of applications in accordance with VSG standards
• Follow IT practices in security, licensing, source code management, incident management, and architectural standards
• Coach and mentor associates. Develop team members to increase value to the organization
• Reduce complexity in the environment
• Identify future opportunities for system enhancement and value generation
• Optimize cloud resources for application performance while balancing cost implications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or equivalent development experience
• 7 years of development experience with 3 years leading/supervising multiple IT projects through the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including prior work defining complex application architecture and integration with multi-tiered systems
• Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to build and grow teams of highly motivated, deeply technical, productive software engineers preferably in an Agile environment
• Expertise in leading the architecture, design & implementation of highly complex data integrations and data services by utilizing technologies such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query
• Able to communicate highly technical concepts in a clear/concise manner to non-technical individuals
• Experience prioritizing technology needs within set budget requirements
• Knowledge of project management methods and tools
• Strong experience with Agile / DevOps approaches or methodologies
• Have strong knowledge of Integration technologies like Spring Integration Framework, API Management, Micro-services
• Advanced experience in working with the various IT teams to build and implement a scalable architecture for relevant software solutions
• Full fluency and expert-level knowledge in systems/languages applicable to the role
• Financial and statistical reporting knowledge and experience
• Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while making quick and strategic decisions
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays pursuant with industry and project demands
• Demonstrated skills in managing successful projects, including budgets and timelines, and the ability to procure and engage construction and consulting services
• Ability to respond effectively and diplomatically to sensitive issues
• Outstanding internal and external customer service skills
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• This position work in a typical office environment with a moderate noise level.
Previous Hot Jobs
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Laboratory Analyst Summary This position performs environmental analysis and/or sampling as required by federal (EPA) and state environmental regulatory agencies (FDEP and DOH) for compliance with environmental permits and regulations and/or contract specifications in the case of coal or oil. Applies technical/professional knowledge to...Apply Now
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now