Hot Job of the Day
Associate Data Engineer
Penske is hiring an Associate Data Engineer
As an Associate Data Engineer III, you will participate in all aspects of Data Engineering by supporting existing data integrations and data pipelines and troubleshooting issues as they occur while also building new data pipelines, data ingestions, data integrations, data storage, and traditional Data-warehouse/BI systems across small and medium sized projects concurrently. You will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on vital initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will have an opportunity to lead the design of certain components and suggest new frameworks and tools based on industry and technological trends and advances. You will also consult with process owners in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with user requirements. Finally, you will get an opportunity to work with a diverse team and mentor junior associate data engineers.
• Be the primary contact and lead support associate for multiple data pipelines and integrations
• Play a critical role in supporting the data engineering lifecycle (design, develop, test, release and support) based on detailed requirements and guidance from senior data engineers/leads.
• Collaborate with technical/business leaders, product owners, software engineers, data architects and data analysts to understand requirements / acceptance criteria.
• Contribute and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Recommend, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build and leverage the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources both on premise and cloud.
• Partner with cross functional teams to build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
• Participate in building data security and data governance guidelines.
• Ensure solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
• Communicate status and issues to team members and stakeholders.
• Assign and review tasks from junior and offshore data engineers.
• Participate in conducting new hire interviews.
• Influence the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns)
• Provide support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
• 7+ years of overall technology experience required
• 5+ years of Data Engineering, Data Modeling and Data Warehousing experience required
• Knowledge of full data engineering lifecycle
• Experience with Data Engineering tools such as Talend, BODS
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience in building traditional Data warehouses and DataMarts
• Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• Strong analytic skills related to working with complex datasets.
• Some experience with big data tools such as Kafka
• Some experience with visualization tools such as Qlikview, Qliksense, Tableau, etc.
• Knowledge of technical project management
• Knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them.
• Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
• Understanding of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Ability to research emerging data engineering frameworks and tools
• Ability to estimate medium to large sized projects.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now