Hot Job of the Day
District Human Resources Manager
Penske is hiring a District Human Resources Manager
We are excited to launch a new position, District Human Resources Manager, to support our district field teams and collaborate with leadership to execute and implement human capital strategy. At Penske, we look for dedicated individuals who thrive in a collaborative environment. If you have HR functional experience and skills, e.g., managing associate performance, leading difficult discussions, developing associates, ability to anticipate evolving business, we are interested in hearing from you, including if this experience was gained during time spent in a Penske operational role.
The District Human Resources Manager is a valued member of the Human Resources and Field Operations teams, reporting directly to the District Manager, with a dotted line to the Area Human Resources Manager who aligns with Field Operations and corporate HR. This position will be an important member of the District Leadership team supporting a district comprised of 13 number locations across a geography that includes Tampa, Lakeland, Sarasota, Clearwater and Winter Haven.
In this role, you will collaborate with the District Leadership team to foster a culture of engagement where all associates feel supported to do their best work and enjoy a sense of pride and commitment. This role will tailor Regional human capital plans to enable an engaged workforce to meet the needs of customers. In this role, you will implement HR practices and processes that align with organizational initiatives across a defined District, mitigating risk and ensuring compliance.
Work Location: 7140 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Tampa, FL 33619
Work Hours: must be willing and able to work the schedule assigned, based on a 40 hour work week.
A valid/active Florida Drivers License is required
Retention and New Associate Experience
• Administer and facilitate the District’s New Associate Experience onboarding program.
• Lead, coach, and support the onboarding Ambassadors throughout the district.
• Support and train managers to ensure the new associates are provided the appropriate support during their onboarding experience.
• Identify trends and areas for improvement with information gained from the onboarding program, exit interviews, associate feedback, etc.
• Identify and propose solutions to address local retention challenges in collaboration with your Area Human Resources Manager and District Manager.
• Guide District team development through coaching leaders in people management, process, and functional associate development.
• Coach supervisors and managers on the creation and follow through of impactful development plans and discussions for their associates.
• Monitor development plans to ensure progress and escalate to District Manager if course correction is needed.
• Prepare documents and reports for district-level succession planning and quarterly talent review discussions.
• Execute on the Area training plan
– Partner with location leaders to ensure associates receive and complete functional training.
– Deliver new supervisor/manager onboarding to role training.
– Facilitate just-in-time training and coaching of leaders during mid-year check-ins, annual performance reviews, and merit process.
– Ensure technical training occurs consistently across the workforce.
Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning
• Collaborate with all departments to identify and propose appropriate staffing levels based on analysis of growth trends, and workforce planning tools.
• Provides staffing support to leadership by collaborating on recruiting efforts, including building local technical school, University & College partnerships.
• Create a connection between the field recruiters and the District Manager to create and plan a recruiting strategy and prioritize efforts.
Associate and Labor Relations
• Proactively build relationships at locations that help support a positive culture and engaging environment.
• Develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition through the following:
– Advise associates and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
– Participate in investigations of associates concerns, prepare summaries, and collaborate with Area HR Manager on recommendations.
• Support Area HR Managers in partnering with Labor Relations, conducting location risk assessments, and reinforcing the goals of Positive Associate Relations training.
HR Expertise & Compliance
• Remain aware of employment laws applicable to locations, including but not limited to state and local paid sick leave laws.
• Effectively communicate and follow up to maintain required legal compliance through regular analysis and ensure consistent practices are followed according to Penske policies.
• Focus on compensation parity, wage-hour, I-9 and Associate Handbook acknowledgment compliance.
• Ensures all company and legally mandated training obligations are met including Harassment Prevention, Reasonable Suspicion and Workplace Violence.
• Escalate compensation issues to the Area HR Manager and work with centralized compensation to enact plans to address.
• Partner with specialized, dedicated corporate resources for issues such as diversity & inclusion, leave of absence, accommodations, benefits, unemployment, workers compensation, and safety.
Acquisitions & New Business Opportunities:
• Leads the integration, execution and follow-up needed to successfully assimilate new associates into our culture.
• Provide ongoing support of the integration process with consistent onsite meetings, onboarding, staffing, training, etc.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• At least 3 years of experience in a Human Resources role (generalist, specialist, recruiting) required, or relevant field operations experience will be considered for internal candidates with at least 3 years of demonstrated success with Penske.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred (i.e., PHR, SHRM-CP).
• Some knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues preferred (additional knowledge may be required in certain states, such as CA, MA, WA, OR etc.)
• Demonstrated presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages.
• Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
• Establish and maintain working relationships.
• Must possess a high-level of honesty, integrity, and ethics.
• Skilled operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have a basic understanding of enterprise wide HRIS systems.
• Valid Driver’s License and willingness to travel as necessary.
• Ability to travel 30-50% within home district which could include overnight travel based on need. A successful candidate will work primarily from an assigned field location and spend 30-50% of their work week traveling to locations within their assigned district as the business requires.
• Ability to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
• Requirements: complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
How Penske takes care of you:
• This role is supported by a robust onboarding plan and strong role development plan to help you advance your HR skills including the obtainment of your SHRM-CP/HRCI-PHR certification within 12 months of accepting the position.
• This position offers competitive salary, including bonus eligibility, strong benefits and retirement programs and a company service vehicle.
Previous Hot Jobs
Business Development Representative
ContinuumCloud is hiring a Business Development Representative Summary As a Business Development Representative at ContinuumCloud, you will work closely with all members of the Sales & Marketing team to increase brand awareness and adoption of our cloud-based Electronic Health Record platform through account-based efforts. You will maintain a hunter mentality...Apply Now
Data Solutions Specialist
Pfizer is hiring a Data Solutions Specialist Summary Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and...Apply Now
Clinical Systems Analyst
Moffitt Cancer Center is hiring a Clinical Systems Analyst Summary Clinical Systems Analyst II – Pharmacy Position Highlights: The Clinical Systems Analyst II provides support in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and ongoing utilization of clinical systems. This position analyzes, programs, tests, implements and maintains clinical information systems, as...Apply Now
See All Jobs