Hot Job of the Day
Senior Technical Project Manager
Penske is hiring a Senior Technical Project Manager
As a Senior Technical Project Manager you will provide end to end technical project management for our largest and most strategic enterprise-wide technology projects to enable us to continue to lead the transportation services industry.
What you will be doing:
As a Penske Senior Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for managing multiple IT projects simultaneously , focusing on the most strategic and / or largest projects in the company that have a significant technology component. You will manage all program activity, budget and resources to ensure the program remains on schedule, within budget, and that no rework will be required.
• Understand, support, apply, and maintain the Penske Project Management Methodology, documentation and tools.
• Full life cycle project management (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing) to support waterfall and agile development projects.
• Project Planning duties include discovery and framing of solutions, requirements gathering, and business case and charter development through understanding internal and external customer needs.
• Project requirements include working directly with IT and Business process owners to define the specific project requirements and deliverables.
• Work closely with engineers, designers, researchers, and product owners to distill technical requirements into easily actionable user stories or specifications.
• Acts as the project architect to ensure the various cross functional elements of the solution work effectively together.
• Development and management of work breakdown structure along with key milestone measurements and baseline delivery timelines. Efficiently planning for and prioritize needed resources based on deliverable dates, scope, and goals
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path deliverables.
• Effectively communicate the program status, scope changes, issues and risks to leadership.
• Responsible for the development project budget that captures all expenditures for the entire set of project resources.
• Participate in agile ceremonies including framing & discovery, sprint planning, daily stand ups, product demonstrations, and retrospective meetings.
• Monitor all program activity, budget and resources to ensure the program remains on schedule, within budget, and that no rework will be required.
• Facilitate project working sessions, project update meetings and steering committee report outs
• Follow up on project related issues with responsible resources all the way through to resolution and holding all project related resources accountable to agreed upon deliverables.
• Monitoring risks and scoping creep on each project in order to preemptively address potential issues
• Manage all project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for ongoing project status report outs, and project measurement systems.
• Set up & maintain the use of appropriate tools for project management documentation for effective tracking and facilitate sharing of project information.
• Effectively close projects down upon completion of final deployment and post deployment support.
• Complete project after action reviews to identify process improvement opportunities
• In a Management Capacity you will; Work with leadership to ensure project alignment to approved programs; Appropriately set and managing client expectations through tactful negotiation and clear communication; Identify, analyze, and communicate project risks; Manage the expectation of stakeholders across the project; Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple task within established timeframes; Delegate task and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Provide training and mentor both IT and business associates on the Penske project management methodology and tools.
• Vendor sourcing activities, including the development of RFP’s, RFQ’s and RFI’s.
• Involvement in contract review sessions including master service agreements, subscription service agreements, statements of work and support agreements.
• Provide support on technology research that is related to defined projects or initiatives.
• Vendor management activities to support application development, contractor onboarding and SOW deliverable validation.
• Use knowledge of software engineering, IT concepts, and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of technical proof-of-concepts.
• Prepare presentations, project documentation and reports to various partners.
• Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of your assigned projects, which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
• Identify new project methodologies and implement approved project management tools
• Identification of process improvement opportunities and follow through using tools like lean process improvements.
• Provide ad hoc analysis to support portfolio/project KPI’s, metrics and finding.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
• At least 7 years of proven project management experience involving application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
• Information technology background required
• Project Management Certification or formal project management training required
• Formal training or knowledge on the Software Development Lifecycle or Application Development
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred
• Strong Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access are required
• Proven success in the management of large scale IT projects.
• Thorough understanding of project management lifecycle.
• In depth understanding of waterfall and agile SDLC.
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now