Hot Job of the Day
Product Engineering Lead
Pfizer is hiring a Product Engineering Lead
The Product Engineering Lead is the engineering lead of a scrum development or project team using appropriate methodologies (agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.) to provide continuous delivery of digital experiences across the relevant customer types. These customer types could include Patients and Caregivers, Healthcare Professionals, organized customers like Hospitals or Pharmacies, or internal Pfizer colleagues. They are embedded in a team focused on one of these customer types and work closely with the Product and Solution Lead, scrum master, project manager, developers, client partners, vendors and others to accomplish the team’s and the organization’s goals.
The Engineering Lead is accountable to directly lead management and creation of products and experiences directly supporting Enterprise-level and Pfizer Executive Leadership Team members’ goals and objectives for global, regional and local Patient and Caregiver-facing digital solutions. They lead a highly performant distributed team of developers and testers. Responsible for the technical approach, engineering, strategy & all technical skillsets to deliver on the solution, product and\or project vision & business needs.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be providing deep technical knowledge combined with solid technical leadership across the team ensuring that product and\or solution objectives are embedded within the team that align to global & BU level objectives. This role will be responsible for all contract technical delivery resources.
- A detailed understanding of the technical landscape, both inside and outside of Pfizer. The candidate will have demonstrable subject matter expertise in multiple of our foundational technologies/areas (Open source, AWS, native and hybrid mobile development, modern web technologies, core data and database technologies, internet cybersecurity and others). Whilst being recognized as a technical SME, this role requires a solid understanding of the business and is able to successfully translate this knowledge into day to day decision making.
- The Lead Engineer is tasked with the design, development and deployment solutions of solutions and products for the relevant customer type.
- The Engineering Lead has autonomy within provided standards and roadmaps to make architectural decisions for the product or solution which will have an impact across all BU’s & business teams that make use of this platform. Whilst the primary focus of the role will be ensuring that the correct architectural decisions will be made, it is imperative that knowledge is shared and decisions are based on multiple inputs across the wider team and BU, this position will both disseminate and actively encourage knowledge sharing.
- Responsible for release management, code quality, CI integration and usage.
- Applies skills and discipline knowledge to contribute to the achievement of work across the product \ project team to achieve the needs of a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team product development team in continuously delivering enhancements to strategic, ELT endorsed digital products supporting all business units globally. Acts as servant-leader to a development team across the entire D&T Business Unit in delivering products (e.g., across Client Partner\Product Management, Enterprise Platforms and Security, Core Solution and Data and Analytics teams).
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and best practices to recommend improvements to products, processes, and services
- To work with BU BT leads, BT Business Partners and key Business Stakeholders to develop and deliver solutions which overcome complex commercial business problems and allow business value to be realized through innovative technology solutions. This will be done by leveraging expertise / resources worldwide across solution center teams.
- Sets technical objectives for and manages one or more scrum teams with ongoing work activities across all commercial business units within a product grouping and\or portfolio of projects. Leads teams by making decisions that require developing innovative options to resolve complex problems when implementing strategic products\projects for all commercial Business Units.
- Applies technical and advanced knowledge to plan\design efforts of continuous delivery in an enterprise environment and uses their comprehensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other disciplines within D&T in delivery of digital experiences.
- Provides technical and functional expertise to Business Units globally and regionally. Has advanced knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of continuous delivery of digital and technology and implementation of products and systems supporting the relevant customer type. Uses knowledge of industry, customer requirements and general business environment to enable delivery of projects and programs, leveraging both standard commercial roadmap patterns as well as innovative technologies across a range of systems disciplines to deliver value to Pfizer business units. Exhibits a high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external marketplace and anticipates business line or sub-function customer requirements.
- Champions innovation. Develops and leverages development resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/ products within immediate product or project team and across DSE and Business Units, taking appropriate risks to achieve desired results; guides and influences the team and stakeholders on acceptable levels of risk-taking.
- Drive technical delivery cost savings targets through effective project estimation, vendor selection and negotiation
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software architect and/or developer, systems engineer, computer engineer, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience managing teams including the financials of contract or colleague resources.
- Excellent working knowledge of delivering solutions writing code in appropriate modern frameworks including but not limited to, node.js, Angular.js, Java, Laravel, Ionic, Drupal, Swift, kotlin, python, Vue.js.
- Experience operating in a DevOps and\or agile project team environment.
- Well versed in agile principles and able to lead software engineers in this area
- Well versed in Continuous Integration\Continuous Delivery practices, and able to lead software engineers in this area.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in an engineering related role
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & influence resources outside of the immediate span of control.
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to estimation of technical projects.
- Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $113,900.00 to $189,700.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 17.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned locally, the US Salary range provided does not apply to the Tampa, FL or any EXUS locations.
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now