Hot Job of the Day
Senior Software Engineer
Rapid7 is hiring a Senior Software Engineer
Security operations teams are underserved. Impactful outcomes are few and far between and cost more than expected. Hundreds of security vendors build solutions for 1% of companies who have 10x more of everything, yet still get breached. The security gap grows wider daily; security operations teams deserve better.
At Rapid7, we can close the gap by serving customers intentionally. We choose to believe:
- The status quo maintains the gap, so we challenge convention
- Every company is unique – we deliver extensible, adaptable solutions enabling the outcomes matching the customer’s needs
- There is strength in numbers, so we provide tools to security, IT, compliance and business partners to make an impact together
- Security needs champions, so we advocate for security within corporations, governments and beyond
- Attackers are relentless, so our job is never done
Across the Rapid7 customers, there exists a shared need to be able to manage, track, prioritize, and collaborate on security work. This work can originate from any one of our existing Rapid7 products on the Insight Platform, deployed third party solutions, or even as manually raised requests. Additionally, the subsequent response processes that a team must follow may involve accessing data or taking action within any of the aforementioned systems.
To help solve this need and to strengthen our position as a security platform, our team believes a shared system that will enable our customers to track all of their security work streams and security tasks in a singular location is necessary. This shared system would further unlock platform value for our users by making it easier to aggregate all known security tasks, combine platform data in logical and customer defined ways, and drive response actions in a prioritized manner.
Most cybersecurity companies focus on purely Detection and Response use-cases. We’re building the world’s first Platform Case Management system that will tie in Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management, and Detection and Response use-cases to give customers a holistic view of data as it relates to their security events. The Platform Case Management tool will help security teams realize an effective systematic method of handling security work across their whole environment that arises from all of the information and intelligence at their disposal—and track, confirm, and collaborate on its proper resolution to ensure all security gaps are closed to the acceptable level of risk.
What you’ll do:
- Creating a platform product that will be the engine that enables security engineers to track and collaborate across the Insight Platform.
- Building, maintaining, and releasing our various backend services that will serve 10,000+ customers with millions of requests/minute.
- Help to shape and define our standards and best practices.
- Be heavily involved in the design and planning of upcoming features, as we expect our engineers to be first class stakeholders in all parts of the development process.
- Work with a cross functional team, who work deeply with our product to understand the customers needs and craft features that enable them to orchestrate their security processes simply and easily.
- Work with technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, cloud but experience in all is not immediately required.
- Be excited to learn, and motivated to teach.
- Communicate regularly to stakeholders with updates around progress, blockers, issues, and considerations.
What you’ll bring:
- The desire to understand our customer needs in order to build great user experiences
- Strong professional experience with enterprise Java and preferably SpringBoot
- Hands-on experience in building backend applications/services that interact with other applications/services
- Experience in REST based services
- Experience with working in a CI/CD environment
- A commitment to collaborating with other team members
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced and frequently evolving environment; never a dull moment!
- A passion to constantly learn and improve your skills
What’s in it for you:
- Attractive Salary
- Company Shares plan (one of top 2021 cybersecurity growth stocks)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Budget for additional education/development/conferences
- Healthy snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now