Hot Job of the Day
Chief Financial Officer
The Tampa Bay EDC is hiring a Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the senior management team (SMT) at Tampa Bay EDC. The Chief Financial Officer oversees all financial, accounting and human resources compliance and HR practices, budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This position includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Monitors the financial performance of the organization and related affiliates
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements
- Provides SMT with periodic financial metrics/reports
- Provides monthly financial analysis and explanation of budget variances to Pres/CEO and Finance & Audit Committee
- Reviews all check requests to ensure proper account coding, substantiation and accuracy
- Ensures accurate accounting practices and adherence to internal controls policy
- Performs all Chief Financial Officer functions, including monitoring expenses, cash flow and accounts receivable
- Reviews all expense reports and check requests for propriety and substantiation
- Oversees all entries into the accounting software
- Prepares check disbursements for signature by appropriate signer and remits payments as appropriate
- Reconciles bank statements and submits to CEO for review
- Oversees the preparation of all budgets and the annual budget approval process
- Monitors all operating and capital budgets on an ongoing basis and directs spending of approved budgeted items
- Develops and maintains control over purchasing of equipment and supplies
- Acts as liaison with banking institutions
- Develops and implements financial strategies to maximize return and ensure the financial health of the organization
- Works in collaboration with SMT & Investor Relations on collection of overdue accounts
- Acts as liaison with Secretary/Treasurer of the board
- Manages the Finance & Audit Committee
- Working in collaboration with Investor Relations, monitors investor accounts receivable and ensures timely billing
- Prepares quarterly financial reporting and billing to Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa
- Provides financial updates to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Oversees and manages annual financial audit & tax return preparation
- Acts as liaison to the organization’s audit firm.
- Standardizes office procedures, systems and forms. Recommends system revisions and implements new forms and procedures as necessary
- Researches and recommends purchase, lease or rental of necessary office equipment. Negotiates contracts with vendors
- Stays abreast of trends in office automation and recommends improvements to existing systems to ensure the utilization of the most cost-effective equipment and software
- Evaluates and reviews coverage comparisons for all commercial insurance annually and recommends appropriate revisions
- Acts as a liaison to the organization insurance broker
- Oversees compliance as an Accredited Economic Development Organization (AEDO)
- Project manages, plans and directs office moves and renovations.
- Develops and executes recruitment plan for all positions
- Assists hiring managers in interviewing prospective staff members for all positions
- Designs, implements and monitors personnel evaluation system
- Coordinates professional development planning and budgeting for entire organization
- Maintains employee manual in accordance with applicable employment laws and guidelines and updates as needed
- Prepares/coordinates preparation of job descriptions
- Communicates and interprets policies to all employees
- Directs new employee orientation with checklist and training programs
- Recommends revisions to maintain competitive compensation and benefits package
- Negotiates contracts with benefit vendors to provide maximum benefits at lowest cost
- Prepares offer letters and provides appropriate new hire onboarding documents
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee relations matters, constructively resolving individual and work team conflicts in a timely manner.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate for the Chief Financial Officer position should possess sound non-profit accounting skills and be a smart, strategic thinker who has an eye for detail, is organized, and can manage multiple complex programs simultaneously. This entails the ability to prioritize and manage work and trade-offs against critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum BS/BA Degree in Finance, Business (Masters preferred).
- 7 – 10 years professional experience, with a track record of success; minimum of 5 years of management experience required, preferably in an association, non-profit organization or consulting firm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning principles.
- Strong research and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative).
- Highly organized and able to perform under tight time constraints.
- Understand fair employment practices.
- Demonstrated experience and current knowledge and human resources and administration.
- High integrity and ethical commitment as part of personal identity.
- Occasional travel for meetings
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Work under and maintain confidentiality
- Eligible for remote work per TBEDC Employee Handbook policies. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason. All applicants for this position are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Previous Hot Jobs
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now
Employee Experience Program Manager
Citi is hiring an Employee Experience Program Manager Summary HR Partner & Delivery sits at the center of Citi’s HR business solutions. This newly created team’s future proposition is to provide guidance and coaching to managers on all employee life-cycle processes, solving day to day HR needs for employee by...Apply Now