Hot Job of the Day
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Tampa Bay Sun are hiring a Director of Marketing and Communications
The Tampa Bay Sun seeks a highly motivated and strategic Director of Marketing and Communications who is passionate about bringing to life the Sun’s historic and inaugural launch of the Club and overall women’s professional sports to Tampa Bay.
As a Club committed to driving the passion and expectations for a future global leader in women’s football, we seek a talented individual to lead our marketing efforts, oversee paid media initiatives, manage fan engagement, and enhance the overall fan experience.
Reporting to the President, this individual will be a thought leader for the organization with the ability to build and bring to life an overarching brand strategy, fully optimize our paid and owned media channels, and develop campaign-specific activation plans throughout the season to drive brand growth and achieve revenue goals.
This successful candidate will have experience concepting and leading evergreen marketing programs and lead generation campaigns to drive maximum impact for the organization. The position requires strong attention to detail, organization, prioritization, written skills, and adaptability to a fast-paced sports/entertainment environment.
- Oversee, lead, and direct marketing department, ensuring strong integration with other parts of the organization, including Sales, Partnerships, Content, Production, Creative, Community, Soccer Development, Data Analytics, and Retail.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and powerful brand identity and strategy to drive awareness, fanbase growth, and revenue for the Tampa Bay Sun and position the organization within the broader Tampa Bay community and professional sports scene.
- Oversee and manage all local media relations, including building relationships with local sports and lifestyle writers, bloggers, radio and TV personalities, etc.
- Write and distribute all press releases for the Club for events and announcements.
- Collaborate with any third-party agencies on different local and national media opportunities.
- Support and coordinate team media days and game-day interviews and publish media notes for each game.
- Lead planning, development, and implementation of all live events on-site at the Training Facility and Stadium and in the community.
- Oversee and direct grassroots and event marketing efforts, including researching and budgeting for engagement with community events throughout our market and executing event participation to generate community awareness and data capture.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of the team mascot and associated street team members, ensuring that appearance aligns with the brand and contributes to a positive fan experience.
- Develop and implement a paid media strategy and promotional campaigns, which may include TV, OOH, radio, and print, to drive ticket sales and increase brand recognition.
- Collaborate with internal digital and social teams to ensure alignment on all digital media campaigns to maximize impact.
- Develop and implement a 12-month marketing plan in alignment with established KPI’s to ensure the goals of the organization are met.
- Record, analyze, and present KPIs regularly. Analyze campaign effectiveness, track budget, and provide accurate forecasts.
- Maintain consistent oversight and awareness of campaign results and effective marketing spend, and proactively take corrective action, as needed, to optimize results.
- Work cross-divisionally on theme nights/promotions/community nights planning and execution for home games.
- Guide support staff to liaise between internal and external departments, partners, and external vendors on all campaigns and events.
- Ensure brand consistency across all touchpoints and communication channels.
- Oversee all promotional products and giveaways.
- Forecast, draft, manage, and maintain departmental budget.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Director, Marketing & Communications must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Working knowledge of sports, in-game, and live events with an ability to meet tight timelines.
- A strong relationship builder who can facilitate ideation, collaboration, and decision-making.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- An empathetic leader with experience driving a positive cultural change in growth situations.
- Consistently demonstrated the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships internally.
- Must possess a growth mindset with a proven track record of creative thinking, finding innovative solutions, and operating with a test-and-learn framework.
- Must confidently and coherently present campaigns to leadership for feedback and approval.
- Adapt to ever-changing requests and must be able to take constructive feedback.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with creative teams to drive optimal creative assets by channel and platform.
- Strong time management skills to balance both marketing and live events campaigns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work on-site and flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays based on events schedule. This is NOT a remote position.
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Prior experience in sports, live events, and/or entertainment industry is necessary
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing comprehensive marketing strategies as lead
- Experience in cultivating and managing a team and cultivating its development is a must.
- Understanding of and passion for soccer and sports marketing.
Previous Hot Jobs
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Laboratory Analyst Summary This position performs environmental analysis and/or sampling as required by federal (EPA) and state environmental regulatory agencies (FDEP and DOH) for compliance with environmental permits and regulations and/or contract specifications in the case of coal or oil. Applies technical/professional knowledge to...Apply Now
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now