Hot Job of the Day
Director of Corporate Ethics & Compliance
TECO is hiring a Director of Corporate Ethics & Compliance
This position is responsible for providing direction and leadership for TECO Energy’s ethical and compliance matters and values-based culture. This independent and objective role reviews and evaluates ethics and compliance concerns and leads in the promotion of an ethical culture, ethical climate and compliant organization. Working with the VP Legal, General Counsel and CECO, this position helps provide assurance to the Board of Directors, management and team members that corporate policies and procedures are being followed, fosters programs that support behavior in the organization in accordance with Emera’s Code of Conduct. Responsible for the effective implementation of the Emera compliance management system with appropriate oversight throughout the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs TECO’s overall compliance activities. This includes ensuring implementation of the Emera Compliance Management System and includes all crucial elements to provide overall assurances and controls for TECO Energy and its subsidiaries. It also includes responsibility for the compliance programming in conformance with corporate standards by the various compliance managers throughout TECO. Responsible for ensuring the compliance programs are up-to-date and appropriately documented.
2. Manages the TECO Compliance Committee chaired by the CECO and keeps management at all levels informed of ethics and compliance activities.
3. Conducts a compliance risk assessment and prioritizes areas of vulnerability. Working with appropriate departments, provides guidance for improved compliance as needed.
4. Manages the hotline and all other forms and sources of information where potential ethical and compliance breaches can be reported.
5. Oversees the investigation of, or appoints appropriate resources to evaluate, any such potential breaches.
6. Conducts benchmarking and monitors best practices in order to identify potential improvements to ethics and compliance programs.
7. Works with the VP Legal, General Counsel and CECO, to report ethics and compliance matters to the Board of Directors to ensure them of the effectiveness of the compliance program and to educate them on their duty of compliance oversight.
8. Oversees and updates TECO-wide Code of Conduct training, refresher training, Conflicts of Interest Disclosures, Third Party Requests, Anti-Corruption program, and TECO quarterly compliance certifications. Coordinates with the Emera Compliance and Audit Services teams on the overall direction of the Company’s Ethics and Compliance programs. Serves as a member of the Emera Executive Compliance Committee.
Direct: Supervises at least two professional staff members and is responsible for all activities of the TECO Ethics and Compliance Department.
Indirect: Oversees the coordination of members of the TECO Compliance Committee and the TECO-wide Compliance Managers’ implementation of the Emera Compliance Management System.
Key Internal: Reports to the VP Legal, General Counsel & Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer. Interacts regularly with the Emera Corporate Compliance and Audit Services teams, TECO senior management and team members of all levels.
Key External: Interacts regularly with consultants, professional organizations, vendors and the general public who may have questions or concerns about ethics or compliance matters involving TECO Energy or any of its subsidiaries.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required
Preferred: MBA or other advanced degree
Preferred: Related professional certification(s) preferred
Required: Minimum of 10 years of work experience related to the duties and responsibilities of this position is required; Related experience consists of business ethics, compliance, governance, audit, regulatory, human resources or legal. Work experience includes a minimum of 4 years of leadership which can include a combination of managing a team, managing critical negotiations, high impact/complex projects/key initiatives, influencing high level stakeholders both internal and external.
Preferred: Related experience with a regulated utility and/or publicly traded company; direct contributions to a corporate-wide ethics and compliance program; 4 years of direct leadership of a team
Required: Requires high degree of credibility, independence and integrity; strong leadership skills and organizational savvy; excellent written and oral communications skills; and ability to conduct thorough investigations to completion.
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now