Hot Job of the Day
Senior Communications Strategist
TECO is hiring a Senior Communications Strategist
The Senior Communications Strategist is responsible for various communications activities for Peoples Gas and affiliated companies, including developing and managing communication plans and strategies, internal and external communications projects, public relations and issue management and other special projects as assigned. Audiences include employees, customers and other external stakeholders, and communications support business strategy and company goals and initiatives.
Be a part of a fast-paced team that focuses on corporate and customer communications, media relations, crisis communications and issues management strategies. Be a partner with internal clients and company leaders to identify key communications objectives and target audiences. Be a subject matter expert and serve as a communications liaison providing sage insight on trends in communication and marketing, and expert analysis on the effectiveness of the stakeholder, media and customer communications.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee, customer and stakeholder communications and appropriate alignment to the integrated marketing and communication plan for Peoples Gas. Partners with other business units and affiliates to coordinate planned customer, stakeholder and employee communications.
- Assists in the development of strategy and plans for proactive and reactive communications related to media, issues and crisis management. Ensure that external communications are aligned with the Peoples Gas brand and positioning strategies.
- In coordination with the other Peoples Gas Marketing & Communications team members, develop and manage channel strategies, ensuring KPIs are met and/or exceeded including marketing goals, communication recall and positive sentiment.
- Responsible to provide seasoned advice on communication solutions, successful approaches utilized by other relevant organizations (benchmarking) and accurate estimates on costs and benefits.
- Develops executive-level speeches and presentations. The Sr. Communications Strategist makes recommendations on elements that should be included, appropriate tone and key messages that should be included with officer remarks. Responsible for grammatical accuracy. Writes effective and compelling speeches and presentations that convey impactful information and presents the officer in a manner consistent with the Peoples Gas brand and culture.
- Required to maintain strong collaborative and supportive relationships with External Affairs, the Strategy team, the Business Development team, Regulatory and Safety teams, and always working across business functional areas, sharing expertise across the disciplines, and working closely to provide the optimum solution for the business, our team members, and ultimately for customers.
- With the Manager of Strategic Communications & Media Relations, actively promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Special additional responsibility to act as an alternate company spokesperson in partnership with the Manager of Strategic Communications & Media Relations. In addition to handling day-to-day media activity, the Sr. Communications Strategist will provide advice to senior leadership on media relations, including analysis of the journalists, their past trends in reporting and the likely risks associated.
- During critical events, company crises or severe weather, the Sr. Communications Strategist will be expected to travel, at times with minimal warning, to provide on-site media relations/media liaison services as needed.
- Accountable for leadership on tracking and developing strategic communications for complex or critical issues affecting the company and industry; drafting comprehensive communication plans, position papers, talking points, message boxes and FAQs as required and in coordination with subject matter experts.
- Works in conjunction with Marketing & Communications team to develop and implement public relations strategic plans to support proactive positioning of the Peoples Gas brand, leaders and broader business initiatives, helps to establish executives as thought leaders, and builds earned media opportunities across Florida and within the natural gas industry.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of the local media market and key influencers. Expected to foresee potential challenges related to company initiatives and announcements and take a proactive approach to business support, at times, alerting leadership of impending opportunities or threats even before leadership is aware.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic communications roles is required with demonstrated experience developing comprehensive and strategic communication plans including, media relations, digital marketing and communication, brand strategy, advertising, extensive writing and editing experience, and employee communications.
- Innovative thinker, with a proven track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Energetic, self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented. The ability to form effective, consultative working relationships with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management. Comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines, exceptional prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strategic thinking; superior project management skills; thorough knowledge of strategic communications, public relations and marketing; knowledge and expertise will encompass best practices in providing guidance for media relations and paid, owned, earned and shared channels.
- An advanced degree in strategic public relations, marketing, communications or journalism would be an asset.
- Experience in developing crisis communications or critical public relations would be considered a benefit.
- Knowledge of the energy industry, especially natural gas utility experience
- Familiarity with AP Style; project management.
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) certification, the Strategic Communication Management Professional certification (SCMP) or equivalent certification.
- Experience in excess of 15 years in a strategic communication role could be considered a substitute for certification.
- Champions Safety, Health, and the Environment
- Takes Ownership and Acts with Integrity
- Drives Business Excellence for Customers
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Develops People and Teams
- Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
- Thinks Strategically and Exercises Sound Judgment
Previous Hot Jobs
Director of Design
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Director of Design Summary The Director, Design is responsible for supporting BBI’s growth strategy, which includes a large-scale portfolio of remodels and new restaurant openings for at least four (4) major restaurant Brands. This role directs and manages the activities of the Design Team to...Apply Now
Senior Operations Manager
Coke Florida is hiring a Senior Operations Manager Summary We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced customer experience manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the customer experience for our products, including the development of new features, managing customer feedback, and ensuring that...Apply Now
Employee Relations Specialist
City of Tampa is hiring an Employee Relations Specialist Summary Employees in this class are responsible for participating in planning, organizing, and conducting employee relations activities for the municipal government. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting,...Apply Now