Hot Job of the Day
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics
The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and strategy for the BIC in order to manage, analyze and integrate diverse data streams (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics) to support academic and clinical missions of TGH community. Responsibilities include recruiting, training, and supervising staff and organizing the Information Technologies infrastructure to execute core BIC objectives.
The BIC team will support researchers across the hospital and academic communities by providing services including but not limited to data management , multi-omic data analysis and modeling, development and application of novel state of the art algorithms and integration of data-driven approaches with patient care and hospital operation work flows.
- Recruit a team of bioinformaticians and research analysts.
- Develop and oversee new collaborations such as, submission of new grants that cover bioinformatics effort, development of new internal or external collaborative agreements.
- Develop and promote the funding model for expansion and sustainability of the core, including investments from organizational units around the community, charge-back models and collaborative grant applications to ensure long term sustainability.
- Collaborate with clinical and translational investigators to develop and support appropriate research teams • Follow institution guidelines, utilize good clinical and basic science research practice, and identify and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements for agencies such as FDA, NIH, etc., and associated reporting requirements. • Lead and collaborate on grant applications related to bioinformatics core projects.
- Conduct data management and appropriate analysis, create reproducible and transparent code, check and/or verify results (QC) based on provided specifications, learn about new data structures and train and supervise junior bioinformaticians to perform these tasks.
- Work with collaborators to develop a clear understanding of the scope of a project/task, expected deliverables, and develop strategies to address challenges in the research process.
- Use analytical, algorithmic, and scientific understanding to propose and perform analyses and independently write the methods and analysis sections of reports/manuscripts.
- Design and develop guidelines and processes to ensure the highest level of quality and efficiency.
- Participate in leading national and international efforts aimed at establishing best practices and standards for -omics basic science and integration with clinical data representation and analysis.
- Learn, implement, and stay knowledgeable about state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Create deliverables that could serve as standards for quality and innovation in broader communities, building informatics tools for data management, -omics and imaging analyses within the reality of clinical data integration.
- Provide best practice bioinformatics services to investigators across campus, including pre-experiment/grant consulting, application and training on the use of bioinformatics core software tools, and integration of user-generated and large-scale public data sets.
- Develop a culture focused on breakthroughs, innovation, and contribution to the scientific community
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, and/or a closely related discipline required.
- 5-8 years experience leading innovative research projects and establishing research collaborations with academic medical centers and industry research consortiums including multiple bioinformatics data types and algorithms.
- Proven track record with the timely execution of bioinformatics projects.
- Thorough knowledge of current and upcoming developments in the analysis and integration of multi- dimensional data.
- Proven managerial skills, as evidence by 5-8 years supervisory/management experience and a strong focus on efficient project management.
- Excellent communication skills as evidence by written and verbal reporting, presentations at conferences and publications in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- An ability to articulate program to leadership and faculty.
- Thrive on scientific challenges, enjoy collaborating with an interdisciplinary team and excel at communicating and coordinating between computational and wet-lab scientists.
- Extensive knowledge of public domain bioinformatics data sources, accessible -omic databases, genomics tools, single cell analyses, and gene expression analysis.
- Evidence of software development experience and proficiency in scripting; Experience with SQL or other relational database systems, Unix and mixed operating systems environments, high-dimensional data management and analysis.
- Experience developing AI/ML algorithms to extract relevant features from large multi omics and multimodal datasets and developing classifiers.
- Proficiency in R, Python, and SAS.
Primary Location: Tampa
Work Locations: TGH Corporate Center 606 w. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa 33606
Eligible for Remote Work: On Site
Job: Information Technology
Organization: TGH – Hospital
Scheduled Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Salary: 150,467.20
Previous Hot Jobs
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Laboratory Analyst Summary This position performs environmental analysis and/or sampling as required by federal (EPA) and state environmental regulatory agencies (FDEP and DOH) for compliance with environmental permits and regulations and/or contract specifications in the case of coal or oil. Applies technical/professional knowledge to...Apply Now
Project Management Associate
DTCC is hiring a Project Management Associate Summary Pay and Benefits: Why you’ll love this job: Being a Project Management Associate, you are passionate about structuring and organizing projects that are sophisticated with significant multi-functional collaboration requirements, setting achievements and coordinating with each partner to meet them. Your Primary Responsibilities:...Apply Now
Agency Loan Operations , Assistant Vice President
MUFG is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Agency Loan Operations Summary The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for focusing on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. The individual should be considered as a subject matter expert with the ability...Apply Now