Hot Job of the Day
Product Strategy and Development Manager
USAA is hiring a Product Strategy and Development Manager
We are looking for a Product Management Manager for our Deposits group.
Utilizes expertise, industry experience, analysis and innovation to provide insights that shape growth and strategic recommendations. Independently develops fact base and hypothesis tree for a subset of the strategic problem/question capturing key assertions and analytic needs for strategy initiatives. Identifies capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
Leverages data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor, to manipulate, interpret, and study competitive intelligence and business data to translate into insights for strategy development and sustainment. Continually refines hypotheses and areas to probe more deeply with input and guidance from more senior/experienced strategy resources.
Collaborates with key stakeholders to maximize likelihood and success of execution and organizational impact of the strategy. Assists in the development of action plans, investment proposals, and expected results. With limited oversight, prepares compelling presentations to inform and influence key stakeholders, up to and including mid-level executives.
Supports and/or leads R&D initiatives and the development of new payment services. Acting as a cross functional expert, this position provides expertise and support for product line initiatives related to retail payments and RFI/RFP initiatives.
May provide guidance to junior team members.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence, and member information to support formulation of product strategy.
- Participates in the development of product strategy recommendations.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use sales guides and provides education on products and services, including new offerings and enhancements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing product communications.
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes, financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned products.
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented, and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA, Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.
- At least 2 years of experience working at a Financial Institution and/or Payments Fintech
- At least 2 years of experience in a Payments strategy role, enterprise strategy role, financial services strategy consulting or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience with Payment products or services
- Demonstrated proficiency to develop and tell the strategic story and business case with experience influencing and aligning stakeholders vertically and horizontally across the organization
- Excellent hypothesis-driven problem-solving skills
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $107,900 – $194,200.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Previous Hot Jobs
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
Bloomin’ Brands is hiring a Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst Summary At Bloomin’ Brands, we are Customer Obsessed: everything we do keeps the customer (and our people) at the center. We make data-driven decisions and have a curiosity that inspires action and performance. We are currently seeking a Sr. Consumer Insights...Apply Now
Manager, IT Strategy
Tampa Electric Company is hiring a Manager, IT Strategy Summary The Manager IT Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology organization’s long-term strategy with consideration for emerging technologies, industry trends and business goals. Ensure Information Technology (IT) has the capabilities and resources to ensure TECO’s success in an...Apply Now
Director of BioInformatics
Tampa General Hospital is hiring a Director of BioInformatics Summary The Director of Bioinformatics will develop and maintain Bioinformatics Core (BIC) in order to advance and integrate precision medicine approaches into the clinical and research missions of Tampa General Hospital across all entities. The Director will develop a vision and...Apply Now