Date Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Location: Tampa, FL, US, 33647
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is leading the global transformation in its industry for administrative services to support our customer experience and digital solutions. We are looking for you to make bold moves driving and executing our new culture change for how we do business as well as ensuring delivery on key business critical metric commitments as part of the Specialty Market Organization in Global Technology and Operations (GTO). Leads account management and CSC teams for the Southeast regional market service organization. Drives quality broker and customer service experiences and secures profitable revenue through the management of internal customer unit resources.
- Leads all aspects of end to end customer and broker servicing. Leads and manages a team of account managers, client service associates and sales support associates to ensure high customer satisfaction and profitable persistency.
- Works directly with multiple customers and brokers and manages all assigned customer relationships through the team. Works directly and closely with multiple customers and brokers, developing and executing on account plans and stewardship meetings. Responds to requests and initiates contact in anticipation of emerging concerns and issues. Handles escalated customer and broker issues for assigned book of business.
- Anticipates operational problems and identifies opportunities for improvement through detailed knowledge of clients’ businesses. Identifies and leverages best practices across regions and leads change to continue to develop and deploy improvements to the service model.
- Responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day to day management. Motivates staff with appropriate recognition and feedback.
- Leads, establishes, encourages and builds strong business relationships with partners, especially Sales, to deepen customer and broker relationships.
- Works closely and partners with Sales leadership to drive customer experience, retention and growth.
- Leads internal work teams to assure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all services, including preparation of benefit plan objectives and analyses, trend studies, normative research, renewal and financial reports, SPDs, and/or contracts, etc. Leads discussion around work load balancing and team delivery via huddles and huddle boards. Ensures appropriate time tracking by associates to drive demand and capacity management.
- Drives accountability of their team by managing and monitoring key metrics and business outcomes across their teams including customer and broker satisfaction, due and unpaid bills and all other operational metrics.
- Partners with internal resources such as actuarial, IT, and claims functions to ensure timely, accurate delivery of services to customers and brokers; manages delivery of services provided by external vendors.
- Partners with colleagues to create profitable case-specific business plans and to identify revenue growth and expense reduction opportunities. Participates in developing proposals, meeting potential clients, and client presentations. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate customer and broker data on all internal reporting systems.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Accountable for informing and communicating with senior leadership.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, terminations, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8-10 years of relevant business experience
- 5-7 years leadership business experience
- 5+ years’ management experience with direct reports (onsite & virtual)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge of MetLife’s group products, services and systems and ability to strategically analyze the interaction of these products, services and systems.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, ability to lead, develop and motivate team
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines
- Analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Strong project management skills including problem solving attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Ability to manage client expectations within MetLife capabilities and understand impact both administratively and financially
- Strong understanding of the US economy, industry trends and legal developments impacting the business
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of benefit plan administration and contracts
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and assist team members in personal development.
- Competencies: Effective Communication, Influencing, Managing Organizational Change, Leadership, Decision Making & Critical Thinking, Managerial Courage, Business Acumen, Producing Results, Relationship Management
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 113574