Serving alongside Metropolitan Ministries’ in-house marketing and design team, you develop original content that engages audiences across digital channels. You will launch and manage campaigns responsible for funding the organization’s mission to provide practical solutions for at-risk and homeless families across Tampa Bay. This is a full-time position located at the Tampa campus.
You continually optimize and grow the organization’s digital footprint by increasing web traffic, social media engagement, and email performance. Your strategic approach aligns with Metropolitan Ministries’ brand experience and increases funding for essential community programs.
• Assist the Director of Brand Communications with maintaining an online brand presence for the Ministries and their social enterprises
• Implement fundraising strategies through email and social media channels
• Monitor all social media accounts through social listening
• Update and maintain organizations’ six websites to ensure access and security
• Engage social media followers and constituents through messaging and answering questions
• Create engaging text, image, and video content that sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around services/events/products
• Stay up to date with changes on all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
• Implements agile project management tactics
• Train co-workers to use social media and digital channels in a cohesive and beneficial way
• Report on online reviews and feedback from donors, customers, and fans
• Research constituent preferences and discover current trends
• Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and engagement metrics
• Suggest new ways to engage and attract new audiences and donors
• Meet personal goals and actively contribute to the achievement of team and organizational targets/goals as measured in Key Performance Indicators and stated in the annual plan. Support the team in other tasks as assigned. Support the holiday center operation as directed.
Education and Experience
You have earned your four-year undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising, or related field and have 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Your creativity thrives as a digital marketing manager. Your editorial excellence is coupled with an analytical mindset when developing email campaigns. This level of detail is possible, thanks to your understanding of agile project management and website management, specifically in a WordPress environment (HTML and CSS).
You jump at the chance to share your expertise in SMO, SEO, analytics, and other best practices for the digital landscape. For you, each report you share with the team tells a story about or donors’ experience. You have a keen eye for graphic design and look for ways to improve user experience. This consideration extends with sensitivity to issues of faith, diversity, and inclusion.
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time. Ability to walk and climb stairs and lift 20 lbs. physically able to work in an outdoor/temporary shelter environment considering the local climate and its normal fluctuations.
Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Valid Florida driver’s license with a good driving record and an insured vehicle to transport self and clients when necessary. Core office hours are 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays with shared coverage of special events on some evenings and weekends.