Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
As a Customer Success Account Manager – Application Development, you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
This role focuses on Microsoft Application Development Platform and Azure Services. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles leading development processes and technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Fulfill Support contract obligations by driving quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions.
- Partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs across cloud and on-premises workloads.
- Define outcomes to improve the health, performance, and business capabilities of the prioritized workloads to drive customer value realization.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer Software Engineering and IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. Be the voice of the customer.
- Apply technical knowledge, best practices and customer insights to remove blockers and orchestrate key resources to proactively support customer’s application modernization roadmap, infusion of key infrastructure, application development and DevOps technologies and to support application portfolio reliability, scalability, maintainability, performance and other quality attributes.
- Incorporate “Enable” Azure frameworks (such as Cloud Adoption Framework, Well Architected) when applicable to ensure successful cloud adoption.
- Orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs.
- Track, escalate, and plan for the remediation of technical blockers and provide engineering feedback to further our product and solutions as appropriate.
- Maintain architect level technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; Be an Azure based solutions evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/about
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) to drive program management for customer accounts that have a significant number of key cross cloud workload engagements running concurrently. As the CSAM you will drive acceleration of cloud adoption from Pilot/MVP to production for customers’ cloud engagements by providing cross-engagement oversight, resource orchestration, and blocker escalation in close collaboration with key account team unit members and business partners supporting customer success.
- Experience – 5+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management required. Prior work experience in a Program Manager or Engagement Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solution preferred.
- Leadership – This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions for overall customer success.
- Relationship Building – Proven track record of building relationships with senior customer executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/engagements required.
- Program Management – Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required.
- Collaboration and Communication – Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist).
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred. Certification(s) in the following preferred:
- Project Management: PMP
- Technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture
Travel Required: 0-25%
- Ability to understand business requirements and customer problems and solve them through cloud technologies required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Experience with and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud) required
Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Software design, development and deployment for one or more of the following platforms: Web application server technologies, Cloud applications, mobile (Android, iOS), Linux, Windows required
- DevOps practices, including continuous planning/Agile, CI/CD, quality and security and one of the DevOps tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). required
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails; required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, Microservice frameworks etc. preferred
- Competitive landscape and knowledge of cloud development platforms; preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.