At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
This position acts as primary Research Finance representative for implementations, upgrades, technical support for assigned business and financial software applications and daily operations related to the department calendar. This position is responsible for assistance in coordination and support of the monthly general ledger closing process specific to Research Finance, as well as the Research revenue and billing processes. Position has frequent direct contact with management for project management, status reporting, and analysis for project direction, staff development, systems development and problem resolution.
The Ideal Candidate:
· The Ideal Candidate will have experience in accounting and financial systems in a business or healthcare setting.
· The candidate will have integrated software system implementation experience
· Knowledge of Lawson is preferred and specific experience with database structure is required
· Coordinate monthly closing routines within Lawson and related sub-systems as primary point of contact for posting responsibilities in accordance with department calendar.
· Evaluates, designs, codes, tests and implements custom or vendor supplied software for business requirements of the Cancer Center
· Coordinates unit, system, and acceptance testing within the Accounting team
· Maintain production systems to ensure reliable performance, appropriate change management and security (for Accounting related functions). Responsible for Imagenow and MHC new user setup, workspace/workflow design, setup and maintenance, capture profile setup and maintenance, scripting and monitoring server job scheduling.
· Act as primary point of contact for all Accounting end users (Accounts Payable and General Ledger) for reporting system related problems with daily operations. Escalate to IT or vendor support as needed
Education and Credentials:
· Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Financial Systems related field
· Minimum of three (3) years previous experience in accounting and financial systems in a business or healthcare setting
· Integrated software system implentation experience
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.