ORIEN COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS SPECIALIST
M2Gen at Eisenhower
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring and hope
The ORIEN Communications & Event Specialist, under the direction of the Sr. Manager, has responsibility for carrying out the activities in successfully supporting and operating the multi-institutional alliance.
Primary responsibilities include coordination and management of ORIEN committee meetings, plan and manage all in-person meetings and serve as the primary point person for general Network wide communications. This position will also support the ORIEN Operations team in creating and maintaining manuals, guidelines, presentations, educational materials, SOPs and any other documents needed to support internal operations or external members.
Position will require travel: approximately 10% to attend in-person meetings (once per year)
An overview of the role:
- Coordination, Management & Support of ORIEN Committees, Subcommittees and Task Forces
- Coordination, Management and Support of ORIEN membership in-person meetings and events
- Creation and Maintenance of Manuals, Documents, SOPs and Guidelines to support ORIEN Operations
- Primary point person for Network wide Communications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, 3 years overall experience in administration or project management, 1 year in oncology is preferred
- Experience in planning and implementing special events or large conferences
- Experience in managing/supporting Boards or Committees
- Experience in creating and maintaining internal manuals and documentation
- Must be highly motivated, innovative and have the ability to thrive in an unstructured “start-up” environment. Ability to apply creative problem solving, contribute to building infrastructure/documentation and a high degree of initiative is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow through with acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking to create manuals, documentation, educational materials, etc.
- Excellent customer service with experience working in a customer focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly accountable with excellent follow-up and ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Solid communication skills including the ability to communicate with business and technical users at all levels, internally and externally
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.