IT INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
Moffitt Business Center at Intellicenter (MBC)
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring and hope
***There is NO travel required for this position.
- The IT Internal Audit Manager will assist the Chief Audit Officer in identifying areas of risk and planning/executing audits for purposes of examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Cancer Center’s information systems.
- The IT Internal Audit Manager is responsible for managing daily activities of the Staff IT Auditor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have audit experience combined with IT operations experience.
- The candidate will have experience as a project lead, including risk assessment, planning, audit execution, issue/report writing, managing timelines, and management interaction.
- Plan and conduct IT audits to review internal controls and processes associated with data security and integrity of the IT based financial systems, clinical systems, and other systems.
- Prepare audit reports that effectively communication audit findings to business process owners, IT leadership, and the Joint Audit Committee as necessary and provide recommendations to address the risks identified.
- Assist the external auditors with IT General Controls testing for the financial statement audit to include coordinating and attending meetings, tracking documentation requests, and reviewing testing support for sufficiency.
- Conduct annual risk assessments with IT leadership to identify and assess information system risks in developing the annual IT audit plan.
- Ensure management action plans have been implemented and address risks identified by performing follow up audit procedures.
- Manage, train, motivate, and develop IT Staff Auditor.
- Conduct consulting activities and assistance with special project initiatives at the direction of management.
- Utilize data analytics to assess risk, monitor compliance, and identify areas for improvement.
- Attend IT related task force, special project, etc. meetings to identify and understand potential risks and provide consultative guidance.
- Ensure the annual audit plan is completed by performing audits in accordance with Internal Audit methodology
- Maintain awareness of changes in IT industry standards, best practices, and risk landscape in order to maintain professional competence.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Accounting/Business/Computer Science/MIS
- 6+ years of internal and/or external IT audit experience
8+ years combined IT operations and internal/external audit experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a project lead, including risk assessment, planning, audit execution, issue/report writing, managing timelines, and management interaction.
- CISA, CISM CISSP, CIA or CPA required
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.