As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, our social workers are a hallmark of our dedication to Patient- and Family- Centered Care. The Department of Social Work is a vibrant, diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment striving to not only meet the needs of our patients and families but help each of our social workers attain their maximum personal and professional development. Unlike many hospitals, Moffitt’s Social Work Department has a leadership structure of social workers reporting to social workers all the way up to the director level. Moffitt provides social workers with:
- Free CEUs
- Free supervision for licensure
- Funds to attend conferences and professional development
- Reimbursement for specific specialty certification renewals
- A clinical ladder that rewards licensure, specialty certification, and clinical advancement
- Multiple opportunities to serve on committees and specialty practice work groups
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to work with over 50 other dedicated social work clinicians
- Provides clinical social work services to and in partnership with patients, families, and significant others. These include social work assessments, counseling, goal setting, advocacy, concrete service provision and implementation of care plans.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies and assists in coordination of continuity of care. Works collaboratively with and provides leadership within the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes.
- Social worker shall be highly knowledgeable about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development.
- Will seek mentorship for professional growth and development. Requires one year post MSW experience, regular supervision as based on experience and licensure status per social work ladder document and educational needs. The social worker represents and supports the mission, philosophy, and goals of the Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- One year experience in social work
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments
- Provide counseling to patients and families
- Anticipate and coordinate safe and timely discharges
- Collaborate effectively with medical team
- Provide comprehensive information and referral services
- Offer educational in-services, presentations, and programs
- Pursue professional development