The Director, Investor Relations will develop, maintain and enhance close strategic working relationships with institutions in the financial community that hold, or may hold, the company’s stock or debt and will be responsible for maintaining and improving relations and communications between the company and the investing public, shareholders and financial professionals to enhance the standing of the company’s stock. This role will monitor changes and trends in investment markets and recommend changes to strategy; collaborate with various groups, such as Finance, Public Affairs, Law and other departments, to accomplish goals; and communicate frequently with senior management to convey shareholder viewpoints. In addition, this person will be responsible for aligning Mosaic’s business strategies, core capabilities, and competitive positioning against external market conditions to develop approaches to compete for capital.
What will you do?
Identify appropriate investors and initiate and maintain ongoing strategic relationships with current and potential investors and educate them on the company’s organization, operations, financial performance, metrics, and strategies for building long-term shareholder value. Responsibilities will include:
- Educating new investors on the background and key drivers of the company and industry.
- Developing and implementing targeting strategies (marketing based on Mosaic current and future characteristics vs. investors’ detailed strategy and portfolio characteristics), to manage shareholder profile including prioritization of executive time, against holders and targets, and across geographies to provide the optimal balance of styles, turnovers, liquidity and risk.
- Tracking effectiveness of strategic execution over time and revise as needed.
- Managing investor expectations based on street’s modeling, our forecasting and expected guidance points to increase alignment between expectations and results.
Develop and implement Investor Relations communications strategies to achieve fair value over a 3-5-year time horizon, which will include:
- Understanding both near the long-term trends, seasonal and secular drivers of our business.
- Reading and analyzing competitor and industry related research and press for communication and interpretation to the SLT and other relevant line managers, focusing on strategic and operational implications for Mosaic.
- Understanding Mosaic’s business strategy and strategic decisions against competitive and external conditions, along with our expected outcomes to position Mosaic for fair value.
- Understanding how the market is valuing Mosaic, both buy and sell side, and where opportunities for improvement might be found.
- Working with Public Affairs, External Reporting, Commercial, Business Development and FP&A, to develop messaging and output to implement IR communications strategy, including but not limited to: press and earnings releases, earnings materials (including Q&A preparation and related scripts), presentations and related scripts. Ensure all final disclosures have accurate certified data that is approved by the appropriate sources and is consistent with prior / current disclosures. Requires daily, normal course communication with both buy and sell side analysts and portfolio managers.
- Providing direction to help drive FP&A and External Reporting analysis to identify appropriate expectations, identifying potential operating issues for communication internally and externally and to improve the forecasting and guidance process.
- Preparing quarterly press release on earnings, script for earnings conference call and Q&A along with preparing the first draft of the management discussion and analysis for the 10-Q and 10-K. Summarizing investor reaction for executives and the Board of Directors.
Provide ongoing peer/competitive analysis and competitive intelligence to management. Provide executive feedback on strategic decisions. Work with Corporate Counsel on securities regulations. Leverage capital markets an investor relations expertise in confidential, high impact special products for SLT, business development, and treasury.
Direct the planning of and attend investor conferences, meetings and road shows, which will include developing presentations and associated materials. Provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members and provide daily work direction and team leadership.
In collaboration with the VP, Corporate Public Affairs, prepare the company’s annual report and other publicly facing documents. Direct and complete research, analysis, editing, printing, and layout to ensure accurate presentation of information. Manage the Investor Relations website content. Write and review press releases.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required MAJOR: Business, Accounting, Finance, Investments or related field
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years related professional experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of capital markets
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of fertilizer industry strongly preferred
- Knowledge of stock market and investments
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on developing high performance teams
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Poise under pressure; professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate and delegate to team
- Ability to lead through influence and network
- Ability to effectively work and build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to partner with and influence the business
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Proven strategic planning capabilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent business acumen
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!
Thank you for your interest in opportunities with The Mosaic Company. Click Here to join our Talent Network and get notified of future openings!