Neighborhood Flavor: Plant City
Social Media, Plant City
The flavor of the neighborhood:
Nestled between Tampa and Orlando is the hidden gem of Plant City. Known for the Florida Strawberry Festival, this charming city has found a way to offer an active lifestyle, without the unwanted hustle and bustle. The historic downtown hosts events nearly every weekend and is home to locally owned restaurants, shops, an art gallery, and theater. It’s a small town with a big community, and loads of character!
Along with the many beautiful city parks, my favorite places to hang out:
- The Corner Store – There’s always something new and fresh to try at this eatery. Creative raw juices, colorful salads, local craft beer and the bubbliest mimosas on a Saturday morning always keep me coming back for more.
- Krazy Kup – My favorite coffeehouse blends the perfect organic Kona Brew with honey, cream, and cinnamon to top off my morning routine!
- Parkesdale Market – There’s a reason multiple U.S. presidents have stopped by this iconic roadside market, and I bet it’s for the must-have Parkesdale strawberry milkshake.
- Metals & Nature – Tucked away off Highway 60 is this unique garden sanctuary with peacocks, handmade iron art, and blooming flora. Make your way through the natural trails to a shaded greenhouse to picnic, play a board game, or just relax with friends.
- Keel & Curley Winery and Two Henry’s Brewing Company – Listening to live music on the outdoor porch of Keel & Curley paired with a Belleview Biltmore Blueberry Vanilla Wheat brew is how I wish I could spend every Friday.
Looking to connect with fellow millennials? Head to a monthly Rise Plant City event! Rise aims to enhance the lifestyle and leadership of young professionals in the Plant City area, and is one of many examples of the growing tide of millennial activity around town.
connect with the community:
Whether you’re looking for tips on where to get a haircut, a scrumptious taco joint in town, or what events are happening over the weekend, there are lots of great ways to connect with the community.
The Tampa Bay area is made up of a collection of neighborhoods and districts, each with their own personality. From up-and-comers making a splash in the culinary scene to family-friendly waterside hideaways to entertainment centers, there’s plenty of treasures to discover.
Find out which one fits your ideal lifestyle: NEIGHBORHOODS IN TAMPA BAY