Neighborhood Flavor: South Tampa
Digital Marketing Manager, Haneke Design
The flavor of the neighborhood:
“Flavor” is super appropriate to describe South Tampa, because it is home to Tampa’s Restaurant Row with over 30 bars and restaurants in a 1-mile stretch on Howard Avenue! South Tampa is your go-to walking neighborhood, which makes it extremely popular for families, young professionals, and dog-owners alike! Just steps away from Bayshore Blvd, the longest uninterrupted sidewalk in the world, it also attracts a bevy of fitness enthusiasts and those who enjoy the outdoors.
My favorite places to hang out:
- Epicurean Theater – This place is a foodie’s dream! The Epicurean Theater offers a variety of chef inspirited cooking programs for those who have a taste for the finer things in life.
- Bern’s Bar – tucked to the right of the check-in desk at Berns Steak House, you can enjoy the entire Bern’s menu, no reservation needed! Get there early if you’d like a spot at the bar.
- Bayshore Blvd – This long stretch of sidewalk runs a whopping 4.5 miles long making it perfect for runners, bikers, and rollerbladers! In the summer months your likely to see dolphins swimming right along the railing!
- Bryan Glazer Family JCC – This newly renovated community center was built in the former Tampa Armory. It offers a brand new fitness facility, pool with cabanas and a host of family-oriented programs and art classes for adults to keep your skills sharp!
- Bulla’s Luna Lounge – one of south Tampa’s newest rooftop hangouts, the Luna Lounge offers stunning views of the downtown skyline and tasty tapas.
Dine & Drink @:
TAMPA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
7 Minutes • $17 Uber
connect with the community:
The Tampa Bay area is made up of a collection of neighborhoods and districts, each with their own personality. From up-and-comers making a splash in the culinary scene to family-friendly waterside hideaways to entertainment centers, there’s plenty of treasures to discover.
Find out which one fits your ideal lifestyle: NEIGHBORHOODS IN TAMPA BAY