Nilogen Oncosystems is a rapidly growing cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to improving
oncology and immuno-oncology drug development processes by using clinically relevant, sustainable and
innovative ex vivo platforms of fresh patient tumor tissue.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in multicolor flow cytometry, cancer immunology
and data analysis to join our research team. The ideal candidate will enjoy having broad responsibilities and will
carry out tasks related to contract work to be conducted for clients, as well as internal research & development
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
• Independently design, plan and conduct multicolor flow cytometry-based laboratory experiments.
• Complete all aspects of flow cytometry daily activities, including sample preparation, staining, acquisition,
and data analysis.
• Prepare scientific reports, protocols and standard operating procedures and other documents including
validation reports under CLIA/CAP guidelines.
• Maintain high standards of confidentiality and laboratory safety (including CLIA requirements) and
complete required training courses.
• Exhibit active intellectual involvement in research projects and ability to make scientific interpretations.
• Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies.
• Network with external scientists from customer sites to apply state-of-the-art scientific methods and
knowledge to drug discovery.
• Collaborate with the Business Development and Marketing group to contribute to Nilogen’s growth.
• Diligent with details and timely execution and delivery of high-quality results.
• Excellent organization skills and time management skills to work independently and balance multiple
tasks and projects.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• PhD degree in Immunology with at least 3 years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
• Advanced expertise in multiparameter (>10-color) flow cytometry analysis, compensation and gating
strategies for analysis of mixed cell populations.
• Strong analytical skills, task-oriented including expertise with flow cytometry software packages
• Extensive mammalian cell culture experience.
• Ability to follow SOPs and to perform routine lab equipment maintenance is required.
• Great teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
• Experience in confocal microscopy / immunofluorescence and immunocytochemistry methods is highly
• Ability to foster a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment.
• Demonstrated record of initiative, problem-solving, and adaptability.
• Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Ability to effectively interact with vendors.
• Completion of CITI training and confidential handling of personalized health and client information.
• Weekend hours will be required.
The Lead Scientist in Cancer Immunology is a critical part of the Research & Development Services team. As a
fast-growing leader in pre-clinical oncology drug development, we are seeking an individual with a track record
of research excellence. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and submit your CV.
Equal Opportunity Workplace: At Nilogen, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Nilogen affords equal employment opportunity to
all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual
orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender.