As an Oracle Apps DBA (Database Analyst) at Penske you will support production, DR, QA and development of databases for multiple applications. In this role, you will be expected to perform day-to-day activities such as backup/error recovery, monitoring, performance tuning, application patching, and upgrades. Understanding of Oracle Cloud technologies is essential.Off hours support and on-call rotation are required.
Day to day workload will be 40% Oracle database and 60% Oracle Apps (HR Suite).
• Supporting EBS 11i, 12.1 Application and 11g, and Oracle 12c , 18c, 19c databases
• Working on the ticketing system and tool on production/development EBS Database/ Application issues. Coordination with Oracle, Application Support team, Unix/Linux/storage, and other Application interface teams.
• Performing patching, cloning, taking backups, managing archives, and regular maintenance activities.
• Working with DBA team of offshore and onsite. Collaborating to have 24/7 support of the entire Oracle environment, which includes Oracle EBS and other Oracle databases.
• Providing DB reports such as backup reports, DB performance reports weekly.
• Establishing and documenting Backup Policies and procedures
• Assisting in the creation of database development standards and practices
• Tuning and configuring servers. Assisting the system administrators with getting the most out of the DB servers.
• Creating an Oracle statistics gathering strategy for OLTP and Data Warehouse based applications.
• Performing database application reviews for inefficient database code
• Working with the development staff to fully understands their database needs
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of experience as Oracle Apps and core DBA.
• 5 years of working experience on Oracle EBS (11.5, 12.1).
• 5 years of working experience on Oracle Database (10g,11g,12c)
• 5 years of working experience on Oracle RAC/ASM/Data Guard/RMAN Backups and Restore/OEM
• Experience in custom configurations related to Oracle EBS environment
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle Database Partitioning and indexing strategy.
• Deep Understand Oracle HR related modules.
• Ability to troubleshoot performance problems using Oracle Traces (TKPROF, Trace Analyzer) and stats pack
• Oracle Performance tuning, specifically SQL, PL/SQL, and General DB tuning
• Experienced in shell scripting.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 100 Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 2001623